Social Media & PR Coordinator (Part Time)
Team and Role Overview
At Relativity, we are redefining the way rockets are designed, built and flown. Starting with our proprietary and cutting-edge 3D printing technology, we aim to simplify and automate the manufacturing of rockets. This revolutionary approach enables us to make launch vehicles faster and more cost efficiently, allowing us to offer cost-efficient and short lead-time launch services to customers.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic and results-oriented part-time Social Media & PR Coordinator to join our rapidly growing launch services company. You will be part of Relativity’s growing Creative & Marketing team, which creates and delivers marketing, communications, design and brand strategy and vision. This role will support effective communication and coordination of social media and PR, to expand our digital footprint and increase awareness to our target audiences. This role will be responsible for day-to-day communications on social media, generating engagement with the community, and writing and creating various assets for use in public relations and supporting our overall digital online presence. There is an opportunity for this role to transition to full-time.
The Mission/Outcomes and Objectives
To support our mission of building the future of humanity in space, as a Social Media & PR Coordinator, you will write, produce, and publish content to be used on social media, PR, campaigns, and events. You’ll partner closely with our technical teams and their projects to tell the Relativity story, develop engaging content tailored for our channels, and increase awareness to our customers and audiences. You will also work closely with PR agencies and press connections to support campaigns and initiatives, through writing press releases and pitching reporters. This role will report analytics across social platforms, monitor social trends and support with consumer insights.
From captions and emails, to blogs and newsletters, you will ensure a cohesive message is delivered across all our channels to help define and increase Relativity presence on social media. You’ll manage the content calendar, and you’ll stay on top of key industry trends, emerging social channels, and best practices. You may also from time to time support with the development and execution of internal communications and sales and marketing events.
You are a team player with experience in the aerospace industry, or willing to learn about the industry, who is passionate about online community engagement and relationship-building via social channels and public relations. You are a strategic writer with strong attention to detail and exceptional communications skills, and you have experience with photography and videography content creation to support storytelling. You thrive in a fast-paced, start-up environment, which requires a high level of creativity, rapid execution, and solid project management skills. You are capable of managing the day-to-day social media content and community interactions, as well as PR relationships, over a 20-30 hour work week.
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies
- Degree in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing or related field, and/or 2-3 years’ experience coordinating social media, public relations, and marketing, ideally in the aerospace or technology industry
- Exceptional verbal and written communication, copywriting, and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge and proven experience of public relations and social media ecosystems, tools, platforms and best practices (channels, publishing and social listening)
- Experience drafting press releases and pitching reporters
- Effective and detail-oriented planning, organizational and project management skills with proven ability to work well under pressure and execute on simultaneous projects
- A portfolio showcasing proven experience and knowledge of skills and competencies
- Passionate about the creation of content with an understanding of how tone of voice and storytelling generate engagement
- Excellent experience with photography and content creation
- Ability to manage complexity, working both independently and as part of a team
- High creativity and strong sense of aesthetic
- A positive attitude with a proactive and collaborative approach
Preferred Skills and Competencies
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Premier Pro, Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator)
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup environment
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.