Social Media Manager
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world's leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
Universal Music Enterprises (UMe) is the centralized U.S. catalog and special markets entity for UMG, is presently seeking a Social/CRM Urban Marketing Manager in the company's Santa Monica, CA location. The primary responsibility of this role is to create global marketing opportunities and implement them across channels for the artists and brands under UMe's Urban Legends imprint. The Social/CRM Urban Marketing Manager will collaborate with the marketing and sales teams, international, retail partners, sister labels and corporate.
What Bandmember Are You?
- Create, curate and manage UMe's Urban Legends published digital and physical content and grow the social media footprint (Twitter, FB, Instagram, YouTube, etc.)
- Ensure consistent voice and messaging for Urban Legends brand.
- Engage and monitor fan communities to create positive sentiment and increase number of engaged/active users.
- Maintain and execute social marketing content calendar across social, web, and email
- Manage community for Urban Legends social channels
- Plan and deliver global Urban CRM strategies across the company encouraging customer engagement, community growth, and content monetization.
- Develop global urban programs that utilize existing and emerging social media techniques including applications, technology, SEO, and loyalty.
- Define metrics for measuring campaign performance effectiveness; report, educate & evangelize learnings and impact to other UMe and International urban teams.
- Evaluate media schedules and understanding the effective frequency in coordination for the targeted audience.
- Keep abreast of existing and emerging social media marketing technologies, channels, practices and tactics in order to deliver insights to optimize new campaigns.
- Define best practices and opportunities and evangelize across other departments.
- Build relationships across artist management/estate community managers, social media marketing companies, analytics providers, and developers to successfully collaborate across projects
How You Will Rock Your Role:
- 3+ years' experience in social/CRM/digital urban marketing, preferably in the music industry
- Displays in-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and their respective participants.
- Proficiency with media and analytics platforms, Crimson Hexagon, basic HTML, basic Photoshop. Familiarity with web languages and video editing experience a plus.
- Bachelor's Degree, ideally in Marketing, Communications, Computer Science, or related field
- Creative and passionate about urban digital marketing.
- Understand visual curation and editorial sensitivity
- Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to evangelize strategy and collaborate across teams.
What's in it For You?
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, "Gift Week", Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.