Social Media Manager
GoGuardian is rapidly growing Ed-tech company dedicated to helping k-12 schools create safer more effective digital learning environments. Our vision is to unleash curiosity in the classroom, and make sure digital devices are used as effectively as possible. As our Social Media Manager, you’ll champion this vision while engaging our community of passionate educators.
You’ll be joining our creative team, a group of individuals who are passionate about telling the GoGuardian story and frankly wear way too many Hawaiian shirts.
- Champion and amplify the GoGuardian story across our social channels
- Engage our community of Teachers, IT admins, and other educators creating strong brand advocates along the way
- Develop our high level social media and community strategy and execute on them
- Interpret social media insights using social listening tools to maximize engagement and make data-backed recommendations to our content manager
- Proactively identify opportunities to communicate stories of interest from across the company or industry on our social channels
- Keep ahead of and communicate industry specific social media trends back to our content team
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of social media experience managing multiple products, ideally within a fast-paced tech start-up environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills required - write / copy edit
- Experience with social media management and monitoring tools
- Proactive, driven, detail-oriented, intuitive and creative individual with strong organizational skills and the ability to balance multiple priorities simultaneously
- Sound judgment and a keen instinct about what’s on-brand
- Exceptional knowledge of social media technologies with shown experience proposing and executing social strategies native to the individual channels that demonstrate tangible return on investment
- You are at the cutting edge of the pop-culture zeitgeist
- Strong project management skills and fluency with Google suite
- A love of Hawaiian shirts
- Education or edtech background a huge plus
- Graphic design experience a plus
- A passion for helping shape the future of education
GoGuardian is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. GoGuardian does not discriminate against employees, applicants, interns, or volunteers on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status, registered domestic partner status, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Read Full Job Description