Social Media Editor at WhoWhatWear
Would you consider yourself “extremely online?” Are you a social media power user who’s fluent in pop culture and internet speak? Do you enjoy wellness and beauty content, writing, and collaborating with a team? If so, we want to meet you!
Named to Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies list in 2017 and as Digiday's Most Innovative Publisher in 2018 — Who What Wear is hiring a Social Media Editor to join their dynamic, fast-paced, trend-forward social media team to work across both THE/THIRTY and Who What Wear platforms. The ideal candidate will have a strong passion for social media, works effectively under pressure and tight deadlines and is well versed in the beauty and wellness space. Above all, we are looking for a clever and careful writer who is dialed into the zeitgeist. This position will be based in Los Angeles and will report into social media leadership.
- Maintain social content calendars and work with social leadership + THE/THIRTY’s Managing Editor on overarching themes and conversations for the brand
- Draft copy for, schedule and publish posts for daily content across social media platforms while ensuring they have links to corresponding market and stories
- Source imagery for posts across social media platforms
- Manage takeover programming on accounts and assist with live coverage of and from events
- Work with Sr. Social Media Editor to ensure KPIs are being met
- Collaborate with social editors and partnerships team to cross-promote social content and site content as needed
- Assist with live coverage of and from events (possibly working after-hours if needed)
- Contribute to design meetings and provide creative ideation to hit monthly KPIs
- Work with fellow community and social editors to engage our audience across social platforms and execute on community activations while running point on community building and management for your brands
- Help maintain internal social dashboards and deliver regular reports on account performance
- Support the senior staff of the Social Department
- Stay on top of social and distribution trends and share feedback to in our editorial and social newsrooms
- Stay abreast of key industry trends, competitive insights, and emerging social media/marketing/ecommerce technologies
- 3 + years’ experience in online publishing, with a background in social media and strong interest in social media, content marketing, and the subject matter
- Well-versed in women’s wellness and beauty trends and brands with ability to effectively source imagery and conduct market research
- Exceptional communication with strong writing skills and ability to demonstrate a careful hand with brands
- Knowledge of online editorial and social media best practices, including optimizing content for CTR and engagement
- Experience with social publishing and reporting tools, newsrooms, production environments, and live coverage a plus
- Ability to work calmly under pressure, meet tight deadlines, and provide self-direction.
- Ability to demonstrate awareness of the wellness conversation in cultural and online circles
- Intimate familiarity with THE/THIRTY and Who What Wear with deep passion for and understanding of the brand
- Team player attitude, with a resourceful, can-do spirit and the ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment.
More about Who What Wear:
Who What Wear is an international fashion company known for its content sites—whowhatwear.com and whowhatwear.co.uk—and its affordable, size-inclusive, and trend-forward line of clothing and accessories. The brand was founded in 2006 by Hillary Kerr and Katherine Power and includes the chart-topping career podcast, Second Life, which is hosted by Kerr. Most recently, Who What Wear launched a sister company, Versed, which is a clean skincare line with 19 products all under $20. Headquartered in Los Angeles, Who What Wear also has offices in New York City, London, and Minneapolis, and has Amazon, Greycroft Partners, BDMI, WndrCo, and others as key investors.
Who What Wear is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Who What Wear believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as an international company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.