Slickdeals is the nation's largest and most trusted deal-sharing community with 11 million unique visitors per month. The community and site are rapidly expanding and Slickdeals is looking for a Social Media Coordinator that will play a significant role in the growth of our audience.
To be successful in this role you should be someone who loves to craft social media posts that will resonate with its intended audience, can test your way to success and have an appetite for learning new skills. You’re experienced at running Facebook ads and can articulate best practices and why. You know what type of content that is best suitable for Instagram and why. You know how to engage with our followers on Twitter and keep them engaged in conversations while also driving traffic back to our site.
The Social Media Coordinator will report to the Senior Social Media Manager and will work closely with the Content Team to socialize the content they create, as well as sharing the best deals from Slickdeals.
- Assist the Senior Social Media Manager with executing our social media strategy to help grow Slickdeals’ followers, engagement, and referral traffic.
- Write, curate and post/schedule most of our social media content to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and other key platforms.
- You will collaborate with the Content Team to keep an eye on what’s trending and make recommendations for specific content to create.
- You have ideas and love participating in pitch meetings.
- Design images/graphics to go with social media posts.
- Browse the site daily to identify deals best suited to be shared on social platforms.
- Run and optimize paid ads on Facebook.
- Monitor, listen and respond to users across social media platforms.
- Use analytics to identify which content types and topics perform well and what doesn’t.
- Support the Senior Social Media Manager in executing influencer marketing campaigns.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 1-2 years of experience working with social media, with strong writing, editing, and communication skills.
- You love finding deals and always share them with your friends.
- You’re comfortable running paid ads on Facebook and know the ins and outs of Facebook Ads Manager.
- Social media management tools such as Sprout Social and Hootsuite are your go-to resources for staying organized and getting things done on time.
- Basic Photoshop skills and familiarity with online tools such as Canva and Wochit.
- Knowledge of online metrics and statistics reporting tools such as Google Analytics or Adobe is a plus.
- You love a challenge and are always looking at what the current winning trends are on social and how you can apply them to your job.
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong collaboration, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- You can put together basic videos using software like Adobe Premiere or Final Cut Pro.
- Experience with influencer marketing
- Familiar with running Snapchat ads
Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States.
Slickdeals is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other protected status. Slickdeals will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the "Ban the Box" legislation. We may access publicly available information as part of your application.
Slickdeals participates in E-Verify. For more information, please refer to E-Verify Participation and Right to Work.
Slickdeals does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies and is not responsible for related fees.