Social Media Coordinator - Influencer Marketing Agency
Founded in 2011, Mediakix is one of the first and leading influencer marketing companies. We are recognized by Inc. 5000 as one of the fastest-growing companies and we continue to be one of the most innovative in the industry. Our headquarters are a block from the beach in Santa Monica, CA.
Mediakix clients include: Blue Apron, Sony, Bumble, LifeProof, Fairmont Hotels, LG, Uber, Hallmark, and many other top global brands across all brand categories. We create innovative advertising initiatives through top social media influencers across YouTube, Instagram, Snapchat, blogs, and other social platforms. Mediakix has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, BuzzFeed, Adweek, and Mashable.
We’re young, fun, creative, and passionate. We’re doing awesome things in an ever evolving, brand new industry that’s changing advertising. Yes, we’re a part of changing advertising. You can be too!
Working at Mediakix is an exceptional opportunity to join a fast-growing team and get in at the ground floor with one of the best in the business. There are significant opportunities for growth and career advancement for individuals who excel at their role.
We do our own marketing and PR and write the biggest influencer marketing blog. We publish trending news, white papers, case studies and content around influencer marketing.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Social Media Coordinator eager to grow and learn in the influencer space. As a Social Media Coordinator you will build Mediakix’s social media presence across Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram. You will not be working for clients, but for the Mediakix brand, which has established itself as a thought leader in the influencer marketing space. Professional social media experience is essential, as are strong writing skills.
This is a unique opportunity to be a part of a highly collaborative team, gain invaluable skills, and build real-world experience in the fastest-growing sector of marketing. This is an ideal position for someone interested in the advertising / PR / marketing / social media world.
What You Will Do:
- Manage social media presence across platforms
- Develop a strategy to amplify Mediakix content about the influencer marketing industry
- Build social relationships with commentators and journalists on Twitter
- Assist in business development through LinkedIn
- Monitor and post during relevant industry events
- Create and manage social communities
- Jump on relevant industry hashtags and trends
- Curate and occasionally edit photos
- Track and measure success of social media initiatives using reporting and analytics
- Write blog posts about the social media industry
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Journalism, Business, Public Relations, Communications, or a related field.
- Demonstrated skills in crafting social media content for a company—not just a personal page. Must provide examples.
- Experience using a social media management tool, such as Hootsuite, Buffer, Tweetdeck or another marketing platform.
- 0-2 years relevant work experience in social media, marketing, PR, or an agency (summer internships included).
- Strong writing skills: clear and concise writing, able to conjure snappy headlines and clickable tweets.
- An understanding of social media analytics and performance tracking.
- A sharp eye for design and photo selection.
- Passion for and knowledge about influencer marketing and social media.
This is a full-time salaried position with benefits. $45-55k DOE.
To apply for the Social Media Coordinator position, please send:
- Your resume
- A paragraph on why you would be the best candidate for this particular role (required)
- Links to at least one, preferably 2-3 social media accounts you’ve managed. At least one must be a brand or company page. (required)
- Two writing samples. Blog posts, school essays, or newspaper articles work fine. (required)
No phone calls.
Job Type: Full-time