At Edmunds we’re driven to make car buying easier. Ever since we began publishing printed car guides in the 60’s, the company has been in the business of trust, innovating ways to empower and support car shoppers. When Edmunds launched the car industry’s first Internet site in 1994, we established a leadership position online and have never looked back. Now, as one of the most trusted review sites on the Internet, millions of visitors use our research, shopping and buying tools every month to make an easy and informed decision on their next car. For consumers, we bring peace of mind. For dealers, we make tools to help them solve their problems and sell more cars. How do we do it, you ask? The key ingredients are our enthusiastic employees, progressive company culture and cutting-edge technology. Want to join the team? Read on to find out how!
What You’re Applying For:
In this role, you’ll be directly involved with the strategy, planning, and execution of campaigns across our website. This is a high-impact role reporting to the Sr. Director of SEO and working directly with product managers within Edmunds.com. Edmunds has invested heavily in SEO efforts and secured engineering, product, and analytics talent to build a strong cross-functional SEO team that services many divisions in the company. The role requires managing SEO initiatives with the engineering team and advising product, engineering and analytics teams on KPIs, best practices and breaking industry news.
Working at Edmunds puts you in the driver’s seat for career growth. Our team is on the cuttingedge of SEO testing and optimization, using machine learning, log analysis, and languageprocessing to optimize our site. SEO team members have been able to leverage our domainlevel learnings and present at SMX Advanced and other major conferences.
What You’ll Do:
- Test, plan and successfully execute on ROI-positive SEO initiatives
- Establish and maintain project management processes with SEO engineering team to manage multiple SEO projects simultaneously
- Analyze internal and external data through a variety of toolsets, including Excel, SQL and Tableau, to influence decision-making within the SEO team
- Set up a process to continuously educate and collaborate with design, editorial, product and technical teams to implement SEO best practices during site redesigns, product enhancements and new site features
- Research emerging applications to advance current SEO efforts
- Lead and prioritize site architecture, content, and linking projects
- Monitor and share current search engine news, trends, SEO best practices, and emerging points of interest
- Work within our SEO suite of tools (Botify, Search Metrics, Ahrefs, and others) to discoveropportunities for optimization and growth
What You Need:
- 5+ years SEO experience across major search engines with a proven ability to establish key performance indicators to measure success vs. key objectives
- Working knowledge of mobile optimization techniques
- Understanding of strategic marketing, business and financial principles and how they relate toSEO
- Experience with keyword search, ranking and analysis tools
- Strong analytics background and working knowledge of Excel, Google analytics, Google search console and other Microsoft Office applications
- Working knowledge of SEO tools including Botify, log files, and Ahrefs
- Will require juggling multiple projects at once
- Will require technical and marketing/product expertise
- Will require time-management skills and ability to understand which projects are important to thebusiness and what projects to de-prioritize.
Working @ Edmunds.com:
Employees think it’s a pretty great place to work and some pretty impressive publications think it is too: we have been recognized as one of the best places to work by the Fortune Magazine and Great Places to Work, LA Business Journal (for the last 6 years!), Computerworld, and Built in LA. We've also been identified as one of the best workplaces specifically in Technology and also for Diversity and Asian Americans. In fact, our CEO, Avi Steinlauf, was rated as one of Glassdoor's Highest Rated CEOs! If you’re interested in learning more and joining our mission, we’d love to hear from you!
Edmunds will consider for employment qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable laws.