Senior Researcher - Consumer Insights
The Black Tux is reinventing the formalwear rental industry so guys can show up at their best on the days that matter most. The company designs and manufactures modern rental suits and tuxedos that actually fit—made of 100% wool, ordered online, and delivered for free. Using a combination of machine learning, tailor-trained fit specialists, and industry-leading customer service, The Black Tux guarantees a perfect fit every time.
As we enter our next phase of growth, The Black Tux is looking to make its first hire for Consumer Insights. We are looking for an experienced leader to represent the voice of our customers and deliver actionable insights that help define strategy, facilitate speed and accuracy of decision-making, and ultimately make a positive impact on the business. You will be defining, analyzing, interpreting, and socializing research initiatives that span our entire organization: product, design, marketing, brand, merchandising, retail, and operations. This role will report to the Chief Product Officer.
What you’ll Do
- Design, coordinate and execute strategic qualitative and quantitative research projects. Plan and field primary research projects involving a wide range of methodologies, such as focus groups, online tools, immersions, ethnographies, and simulated shopping methodologies.
- Own and synthesize all sources of customer verbatims, such as reviews, NPS, customer tickets, usability testing to have a unified perspective of what our customers are telling us.
- Be an indispensable partner for all the key stakeholders in the organization by providing a strong, objective perspective on the voice of the consumer, and by identifying and prioritizing opportunities related to marketing, positioning, merchandising, product design & development, and brand strategy.
- Ensure that all outputs are actionable, grounded in consumer knowledge, and guided by a broader understanding of business context and implications. Inspire the team to uncover the “so whats” of all deliverables.
- Convey findings, through both written reports and presentations, in a concise and compelling way. Connect the dots from all sources of qualitative feedback to tell a holistic and insightful story that will guide decision-making.
Who You Are
- 3+ years experience in a consumer insights function
- You have a consistent track record of driving impactful results through your research
- You are highly analytical, driven by your intense curiosity and thirst for getting to the root cause of issues
- You are highly customer obsessed, deep into data and research, and excel at promoting our customers to a variety of audiences and stakeholders
- High EQ and ability to work with different people across the organization
- Experience building and managing small teams not required, but a plus
Benefits and Perks of Working at The Black Tux
- Exciting startup environment
- Weekly catered lunches
- Dog-friendly office
- Complimentary dry cleaning & tailoring services
- Health, dental and vision coverage
- Paid parking
- Parental leave (non-birthing parents included)
- Open vacation time
- Stocked kitchen & pantry
- Apple equipment or whatever you need to be productive
- Monthly team outings
- Free suit and tuxedo rentals
We're an equal opportunity employer to all. We interview and hire applicants of all backgrounds, orientations, expressions, and identities.
Read Full Job Description