Senior Product Marketing Manager
Product Marketing Manager
The role of Product Marketing Manager at Weedmaps is to own and operate our Marketing campaigns across both B2B and B2C.
You take part in a complete marketing experience for raising awareness and interest about Weedmaps among cannabis enterprises everywhere and educating consumers through a seamless customer journey, from interest to discovery and informing consumer opinion about the state of the industry.
As a Marketing Manager, you will oversee Weedmaps campaigns across multiple segments and channels. You are a passionate and results-driven individual with experience in a fast paced consumer marketing environment and have driven user acquisition at scale. This role is very well resourced and will involve developing customer use case stories, creating new and innovative marketing assets and capturing the groundswell demand of users in the cannabis space.
Weedmaps is the Cloud platform powering the Cannabis industry. We help millions of consumers learn about and find Cannabis and thousands of organizations empower their employees, serve their customers, and build what’s next for their Cannabis business, whether they are a grower, producer, retailer or consumer. Our products are engineered for security, reliability, and scalability, running the full stack from application infrastructure to end user devices. Our teams are dedicated to helping our customers, medical institutions and government agencies see the benefits of an industry platform. We are currently used by more than 10,000 enterprises and 5 million consumers on a monthly basis.
- Work across several aspects of marketing – from branding and positioning to targeted outreach and strategy, go-to-market strategy, campaigns, advocacy, events, and communication.
- Create and execute innovative strategies and marketing plans that drive awareness, engagement and product adoption.
- Develop actionable, data-driven insights to inform product and marketing strategy.
- Leverage marketing insights to better understand our customers and represent the voice of the user
- Develop, socialize and get buy-in for marketing strategy and programs, working closely with key stakeholders and sales leadership.
- Optimize new customer acquisition campaigns and programs aligned to horizontal and vertical solutions including online marketing, events, outbound campaigns, external trade shows and customer stories.
- Grow awareness, familiarity and perception for Weedmaps in key local cities and markets.
- Work closely with the sales and business development teams to drive opportunity and business growth.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 4 years of industry experience in consumer marketing
- Function specific marketing experience (e.g. research, messaging, positioning, branding, creative development, campaign execution)
- Strong project management skills, with experience developing and executing marketing strategy successfully while collaborating cross-functionally and building consensus.
- Successful track record of planning and rolling out large-scale/global marketing campaigns and ability to identify and implement scalable process improvements using a data-driven approach.
- Proven problem-solving and analytical capabilities. Proven ability to develop creative/non-traditional solutions for challenging, undefined problems.
- Passion for working with technology products and solving consumer needs.
- Familiarity with CRM systems (Salesforce.com or similar), marketing automation tools (Marketo or similar) and tracking tools to assess campaign effectiveness.
- Distinctive problem-solving, strategic and analytical capabilities with a strong track record of setting and delivering against measurable marketing metrics.
- Excellent communication skills in business and technical situations.
- A collaborative and open-minded atmosphere that is excitingly fast paced
- Company-paid medical/dental/vision/life insurance
- Fully stocked kitchens with healthy snack and drink options
- Free Lunch catered in the office every day
- Free onsite gym
- Generous paid vacation and sick leave policy
- Competitive maternity/paternity policy
- 401k with competitive match
Weedmaps is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are looking for the smartest and most passionate people who want to join our team and develop the services, systems, and marketplaces that will serve the marijuana industry in the decades to come.
Formed in 2008, Weedmaps is the largest technology company focused on servicing the legalized marijuana industry in the United States and internationally by providing listing services for dispensaries, delivery services, doctors and brands. Weedmaps has the most comprehensive directory with over 4x the listings of any other service and gives visitors the ability to review and discuss these services while building a sense of community through forums and social networking. The marijuana industry is growing exponentially and the legal and technological challenges it faces are immense. We see this as the perfect opportunity to create unique and innovative solutions that can transform the industry. In addition to developing technology solutions, Weedmaps is also firmly committed to advising on and supporting the legalization of marijuana and the medicines derived from it in a responsible manner.
So what are you waiting for? Join the Weedmaps family!
Read Full Job Description