Senior Marketing Manager / Director of Marketing
Tradesy is a peer-to-peer marketplace for women’s designer fashion that’s pioneering a sustainable future for commerce. Our mission is to make the resale of consumer goods as simple, safe, and stylish as retail, at scale. We have millions of passionate members, a product that people love, and an office with an ocean view in sunny Santa Monica, California.
Tradesy is seeking a talented Senior Marketing Manager or Director to own CRM, including email, push and loyalty and lifecycle. Additionally, the Manager will contribute to various areas of retention and acquisition marketing. We’re looking for an innovative marketing professional who has exemplified his/her ability to lead creative campaigns while leveraging a deep understanding of segmentation, testing, measurement and analytics to optimize results. Hands on experience building and optimizing cross channel campaigns, from concept to execution, is a must.
A successful candidate will be able to help build strategy and vision, while also getting their hands dirty with tactical implementation. They will have the ability to innovate and think creatively to concept campaigns and craft a compelling promotional calendar, while employing analytical rigor to continually deliver business results. They will be able to balance long term vision with short term business needs. The right candidate is nimble, sharp, and passionate. Also, a transparent leadership style and effective communication across all levels of the organization will go far.
Deep familiarity with fashion brands and trends is required for this position. This can be from a personal passion or professional experience.
- Outline and implement a strategy for cross channel customer relationship marketing, with an eye towards maximizing business value.
- Outline and implement a data driven segmentation and personalization strategy for our CRM list.
- Build and manage the promotions calendar.
- Outline and implement test and learn plans to optimize campaigns.
- Ensure that content is reflective of the Tradesy brand, and keeps the Tradesy brand aligned and consistent.
- Manage, test and optimize all lifecycle marketing, triggers and promotions to maximize open rates, click through rates, conversion rates, AOV and sale, while minimizing list churn
- Manage the marketing discount budget with the goal of maximizing ROI.
- Understand and build out content strategies that map to conversion points in the buyer’s journey.
- Set, track and reach ambitious customer retention goals.
- Work with product and merchandising teams to drive relevant promotions and merchandising mix based on qualitative customer feedback and quantitative analysis.
- Create a retention plan to keep existing customers engaged and drive customer lifetime value.
- Work with acquisition channel managers to increase email acquisition and generate qualified leads.
- Identify retention opportunities based on customers behavior and shopping trends.
- Track, measure, and analyze campaign performance on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis and communicate to leadership as needed.
- Continually innovate new ways to drive value for customers and users, and be able to model the ROI of your ideas.
- Manage a small, nimble and hungry team.
- Minimum 8 years experience in a marketing related role
- Proven ability to take ownership of projects and lead initiatives with high attention to detail
- Experience running email marketing within the ecommerce/retail space
- Deep expertise with ESPs, experience managing an ESP migration is a plus
- Experience with push notification marketing
- A results-driven, KPI-centric approach with an ability to interpret analytics, communicate results and formulate strategy
- Ability to work in a startup environment where the role may be fluid
- Past experience interacting and strategizing with executive-level teams
- Experience with data driven segmentation, personalization and targeting strategy
- Experience in email best practices, including subject lines, messaging, html/text, deliverability, and CAN-SPAM/anti-spam legislation.
- Rich understanding of Customer Relationship Marketing principles and methods.
- Proven ability to lead a small team
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field
- Experience with Google Analytics and Tableau preferred
- Experience in Social Media and influencers is a plus
- Experience in Fashion or Retail Ecommerce is a huge plus!
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience
- Stock options
- Comprehensive benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k)
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Daily catered lunches
- Dog friendly office
- Tight knit team