Ranker is looking for a data-driven, creative, and collaborative Senior Manager, SEO to join the team in Los Angeles and drive organic growth. In particular, we are looking for an SEO with a good head for content across broad topics.
This position is a unique opportunity to help lead Ranker's efforts in an ever-evolving, critical space and work with all departments of the company. The ideal candidate is highly strategic, resourceful, creative, analytical, entrepreneurial, and collaborative.
To be successful in this role you must be able to demonstrate a clear ability to develop tactics and SEO campaigns that drive the business goals: audience growth, engagement, acquisition, reach, and more. You are passionate about data analytics, digital marketing, and growth hacking.
What You’ll Do:
- Work closely with editorial staff to maximize the search traffic potential for each piece of content.
- Educate and provide regular feedback to writers on headlines, keyword usage, meta tags, URL structure, keyword analysis and related aspects of SEO
- Provide recommendations to the Ranker editorial team related to keyword and content trends as well as the performance of specific pieces of content
- Work in real time to optimize top traffic driving stories in a highly competitive industry
- Proactively analyze current search trends and provide guidance to the editorial team as appropriate.
- Find new opportunities to maximize search rankings for groups of strategic keywords around holidays and major tentpoles
- Collaborate with different teams to propose improvements to the existing content offerings to further maximize search traffic potential
- Provide SEO feedback during development of new site features.
- Document SEO guidelines and provide internal training to organizations to keep the latest SEO techniques top of mind.
- Stay abreast of notable search industry updates, especially changes to the Google algorithm
- Minimum 3-5 years of SEO related work experience.
- Experience with SEO analysis pertaining to keywords, trends and performance
- Analytically focused with the ability to recommend and implement optimization from review of performance data.
- Strong core ability to triangulate metrics against goals and prioritize accordingly
- Demonstrated success with increasing organic referral growth
- Self-motivated individual who is driven towards continual improvement of projects
- Must be scrappy, have an entrepreneurial spirit and require minimal oversight
- Deep understanding of the nuances of an individual piece of content from an intent POV.
- Ex.- a dry listing of funniest movies of the year vs. a descriptive image friendly version of funniest movies of the year
- Understanding of editorial time (cost) of different versions of content and pros and cons with regards to SEO potential, potential conversions
- Understanding of “competition” on the SERP and when to invest in a particular piece of content
- Understanding of both “clickable content” and “searchable content;” understanding of framing of said content on SERP or social feed
Ranker, a Quantcast Top 50 site in the US, attracts more than 20 million monthly unique visitors worldwide and is the leader in fan-powered rankings on just about everything. Whatever the topic - TV, movies, video games, sports, brands, food, lifestyle - Ranker puts the vote into the hands of millions rather than a few critics to answer the questions we are most passionate about. Over 1 billion votes now power Ranker Insights, a treasure trove of psychographic correlation data that delivers personalized consumer recommendations (“if you like X, you’ll also like Y, Z”), and also audience insights to marketers, studios, and platforms seeking a deeper understanding of consumer tastes and preferences. Launched in 2020 and powered by Ranker Insights, Watchworthy is the only statistically relevant, crowd-sourced TV recommendation app available to consumers. Ranker made #187 on Deloitte’s 2019 Technology Fast 500 featuring the fastest growing companies in North America and Built In LA’s Top 50 Mid-Sized Companies To Work For in 2020. Headquartered in Los Angeles, Ranker also has offices in Chicago and NYC.
Read Full Job Description