Senior Manager, Lifecycle Marketing
Are you a hungry, talented, and creative lifecycle marketer leader who loves engaging and educating consumers and customers by crafting deeply personalized, automated and scaled email marketing programs? We’re looking for you!
As a Sr. Manager, Lifecycle Marketing at Weedmaps, your primary responsibility is to lead CRM marketing initiatives and strategy for important growth areas for both the B2B and B2C side of the business. Reporting to the Director of Growth Marketing, you will be leading a team and working across business units & cross-functional groups while developing and executing lifecycle marketing campaigns that will drive growth and retention for Weedmaps' products.
The impact you'll make:
- Lead development and execution of a CRM messaging, content strategy and roadmap that will drive growth and retention for key areas of the B2B and B2C businesses. Leverage a multi-channel approach with an emphasis on email marketing, as well as push and in-app messaging
- Utilize data, customer insights and campaign performance to create personalization and optimize lifecycle campaigns across all Weedmaps BUs
- Work with content team to develop strategy and leverage rich content library to drive marketing results across messaging channels in support of key goals. Lead and assist with the development of creative, copy and content for marketing initiatives.
- Develop and manage testing calendar and communications that will ensure high testing velocity while not diminishing the user experience
- Develop segmentation and targeting strategies for marketing campaigns and lifecycle flows. Utilize segmentation tools to develop optimal audiences. Partner with other departments (Analytics, product, data) as needed
- Monitor and report on key marketing metrics for campaigns and overall CRM programs. Identify areas of opportunity to maximize engagement and retention among members
- Conduct data-driven campaign analytics and make recommendations on change to tactics or strategy as applicable. Lead and assist with development of dashboards and ongoing reporting
- Ensure that marketing campaigns are being sent error free and implement new quality assurance processes as needed. Monitor blacklists, unsubscribes, churn, deliverability and other related metrics to protect health of the database
- Effectively communicate with business leads, product, creative, vendors and other cross-functional teams to drive projects to completion
- Collaborate across marketing departments to implement cross channel campaigns (paid, social, content, programs, GR, BUs etc).
- Implement new tools and features as needed to improve effectiveness of marketing channels and development of internal documentation as needed
- Lead, manage, build & develop the talented lifecycle (omnichannel) marketing team
What you've accomplished:
- 7+ years CRM and lifecycle marketing experience
- Expert level knowledge with messaging automation platforms and ESPs (Braze is a plus)
- 7+ years digital marketing experience with proven hands-on experience driving growth and retention via CRM, email marketing and customer segmentation. Push and In-App messaging experience is also a must.
- 3+ years content marketing experience
- Proven ability to manage and maintain strong cross-functional stakeholder relationships across multiple teams (product, analytics, data, design, etc.) and an ability to coordinate timely feedback and approvals.
- Strong analytical skills with proven ability to translate performance metrics into actionable insights.
- Strong communication skills with an ability to communicate effectively across multiple levels of an organization
- Experience in B2B SaaS & B2C subscription/mobile app marketing is a plus
- Proficient in data platforms (e.g. Amplitude, Mixpanel, Google Analytics, SQL, etc.)
- Experience with HTML, CSS and graphics editing programs (e.g. Photoshop)
- Experience leading, managing and building a high-performance, detail-oriented team
- Experience with templating languages like Liquid or Handlebars.js
- 100% employee covered Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits AND 80% dependent covered Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- HMO (California residents only) and PPO option offered through United Healthcare
- 401(k) Retirement Plan: 100% match on the first 1%. 50% match from 2-6% of employee contributions
- 3 weeks PTO (accrued) and 5 sick days (immediate)
- Supplemental, voluntary benefits: accident insurance, short and long term disability, flexible spending accounts, life Insurance, critical illness insurance
- Basic Life/AD&D (Accidental Death and Dismemberment)
- 11 company holidays
- Catered lunch and snacks provided while working in the office
- Monthly snack boxes sent straight to your doorstep as we work remotely
- Casual work environment, read no fancy clothes required, but you are free to dress to the nines!
- Corporate events
- All the equipment that you need to get your work done
Weedmaps is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are looking for the smartest and most passionate people who want to join our team and develop the services, systems, and marketplaces that will serve the marijuana industry in the decades to come. Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Founded in 2008, Weedmaps is a leading technology and software infrastructure provider to the cannabis industry. Our suite of cloud-based software and data solutions includes point of sale, logistics and ordering solutions that enable customers to scale their businesses while complying with the complex and disparate regulations applicable to the cannabis industry. In addition, our platform provides consumers with information regarding cannabis products across web and mobile platforms, including listing local retailers and brands, facilitating product discovery and allowing consumers to educate themselves on cannabis and its history, uses and legal status. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Weedmaps employs more than 400 professionals around the world, with offices including Barcelona, Denver, New York, Phoenix and Toronto.
So what are you waiting for? Join the Weedmaps family!