Senior. Manager, Digital Marketing, Caroline
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
Universal Music Group is looking for a Senior Manager Digital Marketing to be a part of the Caroline/Capitol Marketing Team located in Hollywood, CA who will oversee aspects of day-to-day digital creative and online marketing management across Caroline’s project roster. Responsible for creating and executing marketing and promotional plans across all areas of online including all company portals and distribution partners, artist website, social media, new technology, CRM, SEM/SEO, third party lifestyle-influencer-creators, and e-commerce. Responsible for nurturing and leveraging relationships with our label partners, artists and their management teams, and for strategizing on the best digital campaigns for them. Required to set goals and manage campaigns in an effort to optimize reach and revenue. Responsible for managing and interpreting departmental reports and partner data.
- Manage creation, build, edits of online properties (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Official Website and other sites appropriate to artist)
- Direct and approve creative process for all digital media/site/etc builds
- Compile 90-Day plans, editorial calendars for content management purposes across online properties
- Support on larger initiatives coming out of key marketing and distribution partners
- Manage blog/site/influencer/platform outreach, secure features and develop relationship with online partners
- Assess new partners, recognize and exploit opportunities
- Manage email marketing communications throughout project
- Report on analytics across online properties to Project Manager and others as needed; ensure audience development and growth in online engagement
- Direct/manage relations with independent marketing companies
- Manage, analyse and report on performance of online initiatives
- Able to read and react to trends in the social and online space
- Basic HTML knowledge preferred
- Quick learner who is able and excited to jump into and master new platforms, apps and services
- Able to read basic analytics and develop plans and content in reaction to what the data observed is telling them
- Strong presentation skills (both written and spoken), creativity and adaptability
- Demonstrated ability to develop content for online use
- Intermediate/expert user of image editing & design software (e.g. Photoshop, InDesign)
- Effective collaboration with other members of the Digital Marketing team (as well as teams throughout the company)
- 4+ years’ experience working in the music or entertainment fields. Established relationships with digital and social partners.
- Experience writing copy and creation of photo/video content
- Expert, native user of social media platforms
- Degree or equivalent experience preferred
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.