Senior Manager, Corporate Communications & Public Affairs at Snap Inc. (Greater LA Area, CA)
Snap Inc is a technology company. We believe the camera presents the greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Snap contributes to human progress by empowering people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together. The Company's three core products are Snapchat , a visual messaging app that enhances your relationships with friends, family, and the world; Lens Studio , an augmented reality platform that powers AR across Snapchat and other services; and it's AR glasses, Spectacles .
Snap's global Communications team is responsible for conveying Snap's mission, vision, and values to its core audiences which include Snapchatters, business partners, investors, policymakers, parents and Snap team members. This passionate team works diligently to develop communications strategies to position Snap's business, products and policies for long term success.
We're hiring for a Senior Manager of Corporate Communications & Public Affairs to lead our work on a range of corporate and policy-related priorities. Reporting to the Senior Director of Corporate Communications & Public Affairs who oversees Snap's reputational work, our ideal candidate has extensive corporate communications experience, a strong understanding of the tech and policy landscape, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
What you'll do:
- Use excellent news judgment and written/verbal communications skills to educate public audiences on Snap's products, policies and values
- Work closely with company executives to plan, develop and execute communications plans related to safety, privacy, Legal, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI), sustainability and other corporate HR matters
- Stay up to date on industry trends and help a cross-functional global team see around corners, identify areas of risk and opportunities to support larger business goals
- Expertly handle crisis communications and issues management
- Create an organized roadmap for public appearances and speaking opportunities that amplify or advance key objectives
- Act as a spokesperson for the company on key issues and maintain exceptional relationships with the media and other influential stakeholders
- Write an array of external communications materials, including statements, blog posts, press releases, talking points, fact sheets and more
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate across teams and varying priorities to maintain alignment on vision, strategy, and performance to goals; demonstrated capability in conflict resolution with tact and diplomacy
- Proven track record of developing, shaping and advancing corporate narratives across all channels, including but not limited to press, digital, events, and industry relations
- Deep experience with and a passion for the art of crisis communications and rapid response, speaking on and off the record with reporters, and shaping challenging stories
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills, deftly keeping both short-term projects and long-term roadmaps on track
- Versatility when it comes to learning to new issues quickly, and a willingness to identify creative solutions
- Ability to balance critical thinking with tactical execution and attention to detail in the face of frequent inbound inquiries and other requests
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant communications experience
- 5+ years working in-house at a company in a corporate communications role
In the United States, work locations are assigned a pay zone which determines the salary range for the position. The successful candidate's starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These pay zones may be modified in the future.
- Zone A (CA, WA, NYC) : The base salary range for this position is $205,000 - $295,000 annually
- Zone B : The base salary range for this position is $195,000 - $280,000 annually
- Zone C : The base salary range for this position is $174,000 - $251,000 annually
This position is eligible for equity in the form of RSUs.
"Default Together" Policy at Snap: At Snap Inc. we believe that being together in person helps us build our culture faster, reinforce our values, and serve our community, customers and partners better through dynamic collaboration. To reflect this, we practice a "default together" approach and expect our team members to work in an office at least 80% of the time (an average of 4 days per week).
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. EOE, including disability/vets. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don't be shy and contact us at [email protected] .
Our Benefits : Snap Inc. is its own community, so we've got your back! We do our best to make sure you and your loved ones have everything you need to be happy and healthy, on your own terms. Our benefits are built around your needs and include paid parental leave, comprehensive medical coverage, emotional and mental health support programs, and compensation packages that let you share in Snap's long-term success!