As the CRM Specialist, you will be responsible for ensuring our digital messages across email, push & in-app are properly built, optimized, tested and scheduled for send using our digital messaging platform, Braze.
This is a highly collaborative role that interfaces across the cross-functional team (including content, brand, design, social, user acquisition, analytics & product marketing.) This role sits within the Growth team, where the right candidate will start with supporting buyer ad-hoc marketing activities for both GOAT and Flight Club brands. After the technical execution tasks have been mastered, this role will graduate to fully owning the Flight Club ad-hoc marketing calendar for email as well as the release schedule email and push calendar for GOAT buyers. You'll work closely supporting the Senior CRM Manager in executing and planning the ad-hoc email and push marketing calendar for GOAT as well as executing larger scope CRM lifecycle projects like triggered campaigns, in-app messaging, web-push and transactional messaging optimizations throughout the year.
In this role you will:
- Act as right hand to the Senior CRM Manager in support of ad-hoc marketing messaging calendar and roadmap initiatives for the BUY side of the marketplace.
- Perform day-to-day marketing operations activities across Flight Club and GOAT for email, push & in-app messaging. This includes ideation, deliverable and stakeholder management in Asana for each message, managing approvals and content calendar updates and requests from internal teams.
- Full campaign creation in Braze from start to finish including creating audience segments, coding responsive email templates, QA, deployment and multiple campaign prioritization.
- Manage AB Testing calendar, testing repository and partner with Growth Analytics team to understand test results of all messages on a weekly basis.
- Code all campaigns as responsive email templates with dynamically personalized emails that appear different depending on the receiving email account.
- In partnership with the Brand team, you will need to articulate email design concepts to Brand designers and then bring design templates to life with email code, maintaining the integrity of the design as closely as possible.
- Partner with Growth Analytics to review campaign metrics and translate findings into regular updates on performance to broader marketing team and actionable plans for future testing/new ideas.
We are looking for:
- Technically Inclined: Preferably with 1+ years of Responsive email coding in HTML/CSS. You will get a lot of experience in this area, very quickly. Experience with scripting languages such as Jinja or Liquid is preferred though not required.
- Data-Centric: you understand how to use data available with OR/AND logic to create audience segments and how to set priority within multiple segments that overlap.
- Curious Mind: your wheels are always turning; you’re ideating constantly; you’re excited by new opportunities and inclined towards action.
- Detail-Oriented: obsessed with detail and testing, triple-checking that all campaigns work perfectly before deployment and comfortable working with HTML and tracking parameters.
- Hands-on experience creating and maintaining campaigns in campaign management / marketing automation tools such as Salesforce (Exact Target, Pardot), Leanplum, Braze, Listrak, Iterable or SailThru. Experience with Braze (previously App Boy) preferred but not required.
- Experience partnering with a creative team, communicating design concepts, creating detailed briefs for designers/copywriters and working together to bring designs to life as closely to design mocks as possible while keeping rounds of feedback to a minimum.
- You love AB testing: you know that companies that test win. You know not only HOW to test, but also WHAT to test. You feel comfortable contributing ideas to the ab testing roadmap. You are able to identify which tests are necessary to answer large or small performance questions. You feel comfortable drawing data-based insights from tests and speaking about these results and next-steps to leadership.
- Growth Mindset: you see performance KPIs as a baseline to expand upon and scale. When you see a tedious project your first thought is how can I optimize and/or automate this process?
- Problem-solver: You have experience with researching questions first and are able to apply concepts to use cases without needing an itemized how-to list for every project. You are proactive about identifying potential solutions to problems first before bringing them to stakeholders or leaders for feedback, guidance, or approval.
- Self-sufficient: You are comfortable working in an environment where you are not micromanaged but instead trusted to execute assigned tasks and projects (both specific and vague) by planned deadlines with minimal oversight. You are able to identify (and clearly communicate) workload capacity limitations, areas where you need more training or guidance and timely workflow blockers to your manager, both when prompted and on your own when timely and necessary.
- You have excellent communication skills, organization, teamwork, follow-up skills and understand that the strongest projects are a result of cross-functional team collaboration.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel (i.e., you know how to create and manipulate a pivot table) and the Microsoft Office Suite or Google Sheets/Google Suite.
GOAT is the global platform for style. Founded in 2015 to bring trust to the sneaker community, the technology platform has since expanded to offer apparel and accessories from the world’s leading contemporary, avant garde and luxury brands. Through its unique positioning between the primary and resale markets, the company is able to surface styles from the past, present and future, delivering authentic product to over 20M members across 164 countries.
The company is backed by strategic investor Foot Locker, Inc. as well as some of the leading names in venture capital including Accel, Andreessen Horowitz, Index Ventures, Matrix Partners, Upfront Ventures, Webb Investment Network and Y Combinator.
GOAT Group will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, if applicable. If you are a California resident, please review our California Privacy Rights Notice for Job Applicants.
Read Full Job Description