At GoGuardian, we’re helping share the future of digital learning by providing educators, students, and schools with tools to create engaging and equitable learning environments. Together, we build innovative solutions to empower students, deliver insights, and encourage experimentation. With employees around the globe, we’re committed to building a culture of inclusivity, curiosity, and courage. GoGuardian’s growth is fast and ever-evolving, and our teams are growing along with it — always ready to experiment and learn.
We’re here for the cause, but also for the culture. We celebrate our successes and wins together, and make time to appreciate our teammates every day. Take a peek into your future at GoGuardian: our Slack channels include #gardenclub, #boardgametime, #bookrecs, and #petphotos. There’s always something fun going on, including concerts, classes, book clubs, and more! From virtual trivia to local meet-ups, Guardians are always finding ways to connect.
While this job posting uses "El Segundo, CA" as the location, please note this role is currently being recruited for remote work or reporting to headquarters if within commuting distance.
We’re looking for a Public Relations Manager to support our Safety and Security products, including GoGuardian Admin, Teacher, and Beacon. In this role, you will be working with product leaders, partners, customers, and policymakers to craft and manage communications ranging from press releases and messaging to public affairs collateral and thought leadership. You will tell stories, lead announcements, help manage reactive issues, and directly engage reporters to result in positive coverage for the company and our products.
The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding and hands-on experience with the full range of modern communications tools, experience preparing for and managing crisis communications, and familiarity with technology and public policies related to education, privacy, and student mental health. Candidates should also be excellent at writing, strategic thinking, and communicating with confidence to executives. You should excel at working in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment with a positive, action-oriented approach to team collaboration.
What You'll Do
- Plan and execute public relations and communications initiatives in partnership with teams across the company
- Shape our message and tell our story to increase the impact of the company’s work
- Manage external partners for successful public relations and public affairs campaigns
- Provide communications counsel to executives
- Deliver strategic communications guidance to business groups, including Product, Legal, and Privacy teams
- Manage relationships with reporters covering education, technology, privacy, and student mental health
- Track the daily media environment to understand and identify opportunities and risks
Who You Are
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years professional experience in public relations and/or public affairs
- Exceptional writer and communicator
- Extensive media relations work, including demonstrably strong relationships with reporters
- Experience with issues management/crisis communications
- Strong business acumen and ability to align communications with brand guidelines
- A keen understanding of tone and brand voice
- Highly organized with the ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment
- Confidence to work closely with and advise senior executives
- A desire to be a part of an inclusive, purpose-driven brand or organization
- Experience working with external agencies to create effective communication materials
- Bonus: Has worked in the education or edtech space previously or knows the industry players
- Bonus: Has worked in public affairs with experience driving successful campaigns to federal and state-level policymakers
What We Offer
- A varied and challenging role in a multinational and highly innovative company
- A robust benefits package including health insurance, 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match, employee stock option plan, paid parental leave, 13 paid company holidays, and much more
- Development and further training opportunities for shaping and realizing your career goals
- Exceptional colleagues with a passion for EdTech
GoGuardian is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. GoGuardian does not discriminate against employees, applicants, interns or volunteers on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status, registered domestic partner status, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.