Product Marketing Manager
Why Work at Grindr?
Since 2009, Grindr has built the world’s largest social network for gay, bi, trans, and queer people. Now more than just an app, we’re a family of lifestyle brands with the shared mission to connect LGBTQ people with the world around them:
- Grindr – The location-based social app that started it all. Over 3 million people use Grindr daily, from every country on the planet.
- INTO – A digital magazine dedicated to queer perspectives: news, culture, commentary, video, and more.
- Grindr for Equality (G4E) – Our social mission to promote justice, health, and safety for LGBTQ individuals around the globe.
- Gaymoji – A one-of-a-kind collection of over 500+ stickers available on iOS, Android, and in the Grindr app.
Behind the brands, Grindr is an inclusive and passionate family of thinkers, innovators, leaders, and most importantly, doers. We’re fueled by endless curiosity, constant collaboration, and a knack for crossing every finish line – all within an agile growth environment. We also enjoy tons of perks, great social events, and stunning views from our HQ in West Hollywood.
Our team is growing, and we’re looking to add a Product Marketing Manager that will bring their passion for mobile and help set and manage product positioning and messaging for the millions of users of Grindr.
You will have the opportunity to build and define the narrative of how we position new features and launches for the app across global markets, while also driving the go-to-market strategy, launch and growth plans for Grindr.
In this role, you will partner closely with our Product Lead and executives, working to set and manage marketing performance metrics, and communicate results involving both business and competitive context.
- Develop and implement product positioning and go-to-market strategies, while ensuring outbound communications align to Grindr’s strategy and brand across various market segments.
- Manage marketing campaigns for Grindr, including major product launches, branding initiatives and promotions.
- Drive clear and consistent user focused, storytelling and brand voice across regions and channels.
- Analyze and diagnose business and marketing challenges, formulate solutions, and then use data to influence teams and inform strategic planning, product roadmaps, and campaign execution.
- Collaborate with Product Management Lead to gain deep knowledge of the market, competitors, use cases and customers to build product requirements that guide product development.
- Work closely with creative, design, ad product to execute on new creative strategies to attract new users, while also being an advocate for our users.
- Assist in the development of market segmentation.
- 4+ years experience in B2C product marketing
- Experience in product positioning, market research, consumer research and go-to-market planning.
- Experience in various digital marketing channels to drive user engagement: push notifications, in-app messaging, email, etc.
- Significant experience and understanding of digital product metrics and KPIs
- Experience setting and executing against a product roadmap, and driving measurable performance and results in growth and revenue.
- Experience with mobile products and mobile app product development
- Experience with ASO tools including: SensorTower, App Annie, Mobile Action, Apptweak and app store testing tools like Google Experiments, StoreMaven or SplitMetrics.
- Advanced usage of Excel including data analysis, vlookups and pivot tables.
- Experience partnering with a variety of cross-functional teams
- Nice to have: Fluent in SQL
Benefits & Perks
- 100% covered medical, dental and vision insurance
- Generous Parental Leave
- Unlimited sick policy
- Competitive Salaries
- Catered daily lunch
- Stocked kitchen
- Free on-site parking
- Casual dress environment
Grindr is an equal opportunity employer
*Recruiting firms that submit resumes to Grindr without first entering into a written contract will not be entitled to any compensation on candidates referred by that firm.