PR Specialist | Real Estate
About REX - Real Estate Exchange, Inc.
Are you ready to work in the boring world of residential real estate? Of course you’re not!
Well, thank goodness you’ve found REX. We are anything but a stodgy, boring real estate agency. In fact, REX is a well-funded, game-changing tech startup that that has created a cutting-edge digital platform to buy and sell homes. REX is completely flipping the real estate industry on its head and beating every goal we’ve set since starting two years ago. Using artificial intelligence, big data, and machine learning, we are eliminating real estate agent commissions, selling homes faster, and saving people a lot of money.
At REX you will not only make an impact on the development of the company, but in the world as well. Aside from saving customers’ money, REX has a strong social mission that is devoted to helping families in need. For every 40 homes we sell, we donate a home to a family in need. If you are looking to be just another cog in a big corporate wheel, then REX probably isn’t for you. But, if you want to be a part of a fast-paced, growing, and innovative team…Well, welcome home.
About the Position
REX is rapidly expanding our presence throughout Southern California and we’ll soon be entering new markets across the country. We are currently seeking an experienced Public Relations Specialist with a passion for driving and maintaining a positive public image.
- Write press releases, pitches, and presentations that fully promote the innovative ways REX is changing the world of residential real estate
- Confidently convey how REX’s disruptive use of big data, machine learning, artificial intelligence, and advanced digital marketing is creating a smarter consumer alternative to an antiquated industry
- Cultivate and manage media relationships with writers, reporters, editors, and producers in local, regional, and national outlets
- Develop and execute PR strategy for various aspects of the REX business, including; social mission, technology, and real estate
- Secure speaking engagements and conference appearances for REX representatives
- Submit REX work for awards and recognition
- Expand REX’s PR reach into new media forums including podcasts, blogs, and discussion boards
Experience & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, English or related business field
- At least 3-5 years of communications experience within a corporate environment; technology environment ideally
- Demonstrated passion for media relations with a proven ability to secure and place branded coverage in local and national outlets
- Excellent project management skills with demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience with AP style required
- Knowledge of standard PR tools: Cision, PR Newswire/Businesswire, Microsoft Office, etc. *Basic Photoshop skills are a plus