Altruist is a hyper-growth fintech company on a mission to make financial advice better and more accessible for everyone. Our team is building a revolutionary platform for financial advisors and their clients to remove the friction from investing and reduce the barrier to entry into wealth creation and management. Using Altruist, advisors can work more efficiently and reduce costs, enabling them to help more people, better.
If you’re passionate about your craft and are looking for big, meaningful problems to solve, then you’ll love what we’re up to. At Altruist, you’ll have the opportunity to do exciting work on products ranging from complex enterprise business software to a beautiful consumer app experience and user acquisition platform.
Altruist is entering an exciting phase of growth, and we are on the hunt for a standout PR & Communications Manager to help us realize our vision. You’ll help shape our brand narratives and build a brand that our audience loves, overseeing the way we tell our story externally, internally, and through a variety of owned and earned channels.
This is a foundational role for a standout communications manager who wants to help define the role of PR & Communications at a rapidly growing company.
What you’ll do:
- Manage external communications. With the help of external agencies, apply your experience to create external communications strategies that help us reach audiences in the financial space, fintech industry, and wider consumer media.
- Manage internal communications. As we grow, help us ensure that our work is effectively communicated within the organization.
- Identify new opportunities. Chart our course toward the future, helping us uncover new brand and product narratives that can help elevate the profile of the brand.
- Grow with the brand. This is a foundational role with a ton of growth potential. We hope the successful candidate will see their career progress as the company grows.
What you’ll need:
- 5+ years of experience managing communications activities and/or media relations across a variety of B2B and B2C brands.
- Strong writing and storytelling skills. Altruist has a unique story and role in the industry; we’ll need to find unique ways to communicate our point of view. Writing experience is a plus.
- Agency experience preferable.
- Must be humble, kind, collaborative, have a positive attitude, and be a joy to work with.
- Be a great team player combined with an ownership mentality over your work.
- Relentlessly driven, always learning.
- An entrepreneur mindset with a drive to take initiative, seeing projects through from start to finish with great attention to detail.
What you’ll get:
At Altruist, you’ll work with a talented group of creators working relentlessly to disrupt an antiquated system primed for disruption. You’ll have the freedom to do your best work alongside down-to-earth professionals at the leading edge of their disciplines and the opportunity to make a real impact through your contributions. As an early team member at a young (fast-growing) company, you’ll have a significant influence on how we build our products.
Altruist believes the best work comes from a happy team who’s encouraged to continually grow and develop their expertise. We take pride in our culture, built on a foundation of mutual respect and transparency, and rooted in our three core values:
Kindness: The equal and kind treatment of all is of foremost importance to us, and we continually strive to bring diversity in thought and background to our team to strengthen our company.
Brilliance: Brilliance at Altruist means constantly striving to better your craft with a hunger for constant learning and growth.
Grit: Our team is driven, has a bias towards action, and an insatiable appetite for getting things done to bring us closer to realizing our mission.
Think you’ll be a good fit? Apply with a link to your portfolio. We look forward to meeting you.