Performance Marketing Video Editor
Honey is a fast-growing startup based in Los Angeles. Our online shopping platform offers users a smarter way to shop. Through a simple browser extension, we open up instant access to exclusive savings, deals, rewards and discovery, all powered by the collective knowledge of Honey’s community of online shoppers. We are helping millions save when they shop online, and we're hiring! We are actively seeking a Performance Marketing Video Editor to join the Marketing Team in our Los Angeles office.
About the Role:
The Performance Marketing Video Editor will create a wide range of digital content for social media platforms. The ideal candidate is comfortable shooting and editing, but also skilled in designing graphics, and animating them to enhance that content. They should be proficient in the pacing and visual styles prevalent in social media video today, with an eye and desire to develop new styles of visual communication. We’re looking for someone who can think strategically and takes just as much pride in creating concepts as editing and animating. In return, they will have the rare opportunity to help shape and grow a global brand and make it a part of culture.
What You’ll Do:
As a Performance Marketing Video Editor at Honey, you will:
- Create performance-based video content for social media platforms that engages our audiences and delivers business results
- Collaborate with the creative and marketing teams to ideate new content and take ideas from rough thoughts to clear, concise, finished videos
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and workshops designed toward educating the creative department on new mediums and design possibilities
- Understand and work within project parameters: Business unit goals and requirements, internal goals, technical/budget/time constraints
- Take data from previous video ad campaigns and improve the creative to optimize performance
- 3-5+ years of experience in performance marketing - editorial, motion graphics design, and animation (online reel required)
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Premiere and After Effects and proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Knowledge of social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat)
- Experience as a videographer and photographer a plus
- Constantly curious and passionate about editing, motion graphics and design, with a focus to self-teach new video techniques and trends that will keep production outputs innovative
- A keen understanding of the needs, motivations and aspirations of your audiences to speak to them in the most effective, compelling, and engaging way possible.
- Proven ability to work cross-team and synthesize feedback and input from marketing, product management, sales, market research, internal and external partners for both conceptual and tactical executions.
- Strong work ethic - go the extra mile without being asked and can juggle multiple projects.
- Detail-oriented self-starter - won’t just take direction, but will also collaborate to bring valuable creative input to a project.
- Highly organized and comfortable working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
Honey is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law.