An instrumental part of GOAT Group, the Marketing team oversees a wide range of initiatives, which aim to build awareness, consideration and loyalty for our brands. As a member of this team, you will work to execute thoughtful, data-driven paid marketing campaigns that drive meaningful growth for the company.
We are looking for a Performance Marketing Manager to help grow GOAT Group’s user base through acquisition and retention from various marketing channels. As a member of the Growth team, the ideal candidate will be highly data-driven, process-driven, and have a strong interest in paid media.
As a marketplace, the core priority of the role is to grow buyers and sellers through meticulous management of the performance marketing budget. You will be collaborating across the growth team (CRM, SEO, Media, Growth Analytics), Product and Finance to understand the economics of our business and how to build sustainable growth strategies through paid and organic marketing.
Your core advertising strategies will be app marketing through paid social, and web marketing primarily through paid search. True to the nature of Growth, you will be expected to continually strategize and test new ideas and concepts.
The ideal candidate will have a solid economics/financial background as the core of the role will be the management of a large budget while optimizing the performance of our advertising channels. The candidate must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-evolving environment. GOAT Group has grown tremendously year-over-year and we expect someone who is able to keep up and transcend with us.
In this role you will:
- Strategize, manage, and optimize our performance marketing channels (TikTok, Apple Search, Instagram, Snapchat, Google, Youtube, and more) for acquisition and retention across our various business units.
- Work closely with the Associate Director of Performance Marketing to manage our budget, manage/optimize channels to meet goals, and provide performance insights to Finance.
- Develop a partnership with our account managers to stay up-to-date with new product features, strategies and testing opportunities.
- Follow our sneaker and apparel calendar to plan and execute timely advertisements across our social ad platforms.
- Closely monitor, measure, and report on campaign performance, budgeting, and conduct ad hoc analyses.
- Utilize our customer LTV models to understand the impact of paid marketing and make strategic changes.
- Manage the testing framework and feedback loop for the brand team to continuously iterate on our paid advertising creative efforts.
- Test new channels to scale growth for the business in new and existing markets.
- Collaborate with Growth Analytics to improve our user-level tracking, CRO, attribution modeling and new projects as they come.
- Collaborate with the performance marketing team on project roadmaps, performance budgeting, and key marketing campaign retros.
- Be flexible to manage other assignments as they come up.
We are looking for:
- BA/BS degree in business, marketing, economics, finance, or equivalent hands-on experience considered.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in relevant fields (growth, performance, digital marketing, finance, and/or economics).
- Experience in strategy, building and scaling acquisition and retention channels.
- Management of technical tools and implementation of testing opportunities.
- Hands on executional experience of paid social and/or paid search platforms.
- Experience building and scaling acquisition and retention channels, managing technical tools and implementing testing opportunities.
- Excellent excel and critical thinking skills - must be able to interpret raw data into meaningful insights, KPIs and narratives.
- Proficient in the economics of performance marketing.
- Passionate about performance marketing/growth marketing.
- Project management experience; agile marketing is a plus.
- Good communication skills and the ability to interface effectively with stakeholders.
- Global marketing experience is a plus.
- E-commerce, marketplace, or online retail experience is a plus.
GOAT is the global platform for the greatest products from the past, present and future. Since its founding in 2015, GOAT has become the leading and most trusted sneaker marketplace in the world. Through its unique positioning between the primary and resale markets, the company offers styles across various time periods on its digital platforms and in its retail locations, while delivering products to over 30 million members across 170 countries.
The company is backed by strategic investor Foot Locker, Inc. as well as some of the leading names in venture capital including D1 Capital Partners, Accel, Andreessen Horowitz, Index Ventures, Matrix Partners, Upfront Ventures, Webb Investment Network and Y Combinator.
We encourage you to apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement. We look for people who are passionate about what we do, not just those who check off all the boxes.
GOAT Group will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, if applicable. If you are a California resident, please review our California Privacy Rights Notice for Job Applicants.
Read Full Job Description