NA Media Manager at Tinder
| Greater LA Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 5:01 a.m. (PST) on Tuesday, November 30, 2021
Tinder started on a college campus in 2012 and broke down the barriers - geographic, historic, cultural - that limit who we meet. We went from 1 swipe to 1 billion swipes a day, in 2 years. No technology grows that fast unless it fills a powerful, unmet human need. Today, Tinder is the world’s most popular app for meeting new people. The app is available in 190 countries, and 40+ languages, it’s been downloaded more than 450 million times and led to 60 billion matches, and is the highest-grossing non-gaming app globally. There’s never been a more exciting time to be at Tinder. We are on a course to redefine the way young people meet and connect today, if you would like to be a part of that, keep reading.
- Tinder is looking for a Media Manager to support the company’s paid media investment in North America, across both digital and traditional channels. The Media Manager will be responsible for campaigns across the full media funnel.
- Our ideal candidate is passionate about positioning the brand in culture and tapped into Gen Z trends. They are a collaborative, strategic problem solver who is comfortable owning projects and making decisions based on their extensive experience in the industry.
- This role is based in Los Angeles, California and will report to the Director of North America Media.
- Strategy and planning across all paid media channels (including digital, social, search, TV, audio, OOH and print)
- Manage day to day contact with media agency + priority partners
- Provide proactive thought leadership and insight into Gen Z trends
- Support a well-rounded view of media throughout all phases of the funnel from brand campaigns to performance-based initiatives
- Lend feedback into paid creative strategy + production
- Lead new partner + channel POVs to support test and learn goals
- Work closely with counterparts on Social + Integrated Marketing teams
- Lead campaign recap decks + performance share-outs for senior level executives
- Monitoring of all steps in media and in-app user experience in order to identify opportunities and troubleshoot performance issues
- Role may lead, mentor and motivate direct reports in order to encourage their professional development while providing daily supervision and guidance
- Own administrative + billing processes related to media agency
- Bachelor’s degree (Communications, advertising, media or related field preferred)
- 5+ years of experience in media planning and execution
- Solid understanding of basic ad tech tools, media tagging processes and attribution models
- Experience working with creative agencies and merging creative and media strategy
- Excellent slide design and presentation skills
- Strong, proactive leadership skills and professional presence, yet willing to roll up sleeves to get the job done
- Responsive, accountable and detail oriented
- Proven analytical, strategic thinking and communication skills
- Ability to see how media fits into the bigger picture and communicate that broadly
As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
• Working on a product that has an immediate impact on people’s lives all around the world
• Collaborating with a team of creative, fun and driven colleagues
• Comprehensive health coverage, competitive salary, 401(k) employer match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
• Other perks and wellness benefits like a fitness membership subsidy, paid concierge medical membership, pet insurance offerings, and a commuter subsidy
• A robust Learning + Development offering including our MentorMatch program, access to a library of 6,000+ online learning courses through Udemy, and an annual L+D stipend
• Access to mental health resources
• Fertility preservation benefits
• No Meeting Wednesdays and access to a wide range of product and service discounts through Perkspot
• Charitable donations match up to $15,000 annually
• Monthly and weekly interactive virtual events including Book Club, trivia with prizes and yoga workouts
• The opportunity to join six active Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
At Tinder, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our product, and our community. We strive to make our workplace an inclusive and diverse environment, giving people from all walks of life the opportunity to have a voice. We champion and encourage those who bring different perspectives, ideas, and creativity to join our team dedicated to bringing people together across the globe. Tinder is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where we welcome all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, or other lived experience.