Media Manager/Digital Asset Manager
Are you interested in joining a leader in Virtual Reality? NextVR delivers live events in virtual reality for devices like Oculus, Google Daydream, PSVR etc. Want to be a part of the latest developments in virtual reality? This is a great opportunity to get in on the ground floor developing media management workflows for Virtual Reality content production.
You’ll bring your expertise in broadcast media management to support and enable a tight-knit team of editors who work in-house, at events supported by our broadcast-standard trucks, and fully remote. You’ll play a key role in the selection and implementation of Media Asset Management and archive/restore systems and standardization of workflows with the team.
- Overseeing the selection and implementation of MAM software and help develop editing workflows around its usage.
- Managing NextVR’s library of footage including backup, archiving, restoring, deleting, and organizing.
- Ensuring all media is properly ingested, catalogued and backed up for each shoot.
- Managing file ingest, metadata organization, troubleshooting software and hardware issues, transcoding and encoding files.
- Staying current with file-based technologies including camera codecs, wrappers, and encoding workflows.
- Providing expertise/knowledge on best practices, working with IT on maintaining our Production systems.
- Coordinating media with & between departments such as Production, Marketing, Engineering, and Dev.
- Collaborating with other post staff and camera team reps to ensure proper workflows are followed and fulfill daily requests.
- Consulting on organization of Premiere projects for efficient editorial on promos, features, and live show prep.
- Managing all types of incoming media and external storage devices.
- 5+ years Media Management experience.
- A deep understanding and experience with Adobe products, including but not limited to: Premiere Pro, After Effects, Media Encoder.
- Experience with file transfer clients such as Aspera, Signiant, WeTransfer, etc.
- Experience working with MAM, transcoding, and Quantum LTO tape library archive systems.
- Experience Administering/Managing Quantum and NetApp SAN storage products a BIG plus
- Experience in Sports/Entertainment Production a plus
- Experience in 3D and/or VR assets and workflows a BIG plus
DIRECT CANDIDATES ONLY! PLEASE NO AGENCIES!