Hello, is it Cie you’re looking for?
Cie is an innovation accelerator for large enterprises and a growth accelerator for emerging start-ups…and we need a Marketing Specialist to help us navigate rocky waters and maintain the course calmly while executing marketing solutions for our business partners. Sometimes that means having tough conversations about timelines, budgets or challenges that arise. It also means collaborating with your counterparts in order to get the signal faster and owning the process when it’s time to change course. This is where big picture thinking and efficient execution collide.
If numbers are second nature to you and you’re looking to take your marketing skills to the next level….then APPLY HERE!
WHERE YOU’LL BE IN A YEAR:
- HAVE A BIG SAY We are not tied to a specific industry or specific type of products so your thoughts and ideas will be brought to life for multiple different types of companies. Working in an intimate setting will allow you to have an impact directly on the business.
- DEEPEN YOUR MARKETING INSIGHTS You will play an essential role in leading the brand and helping launch new products successfully. There will never be a dull day doing the same old thing.
- ACCELERATE YOUR CAREER You will have the chance to jump into new spaces. You will have had the opportunity to research and test markets and strategies at a rapid rate. A year in this environment will exponentially grow your knowledge of consumer products and services.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Growth Hack: Provide forward-thinking ideas and build strong digital presence to generate traffic growth.
- Be cool under pressure: Take ownership of multiple projects, know where they’re at every step of the way, and own the results.
- Produce: Own the successful execution and delivery of consumer-facing creative assignments and projects across a variety of formats, including traditional, digital, and video.
- Gather insights in a snap: Pull metrics from spreadsheets and report insights in order to drive direction. Marketing Specialist or Excel wizard? They are one and the same.
- Set the foundation: Foster and develop partner and team relationships. Ensure open communication and everyone is on the same page. You are the glue that keeps it all together.
- Take the lead: Develop and deliver successful, long-term marketing strategies and programs that drive demand and customer acquisition.
- Ownership: Own the advertiser growth strategy and work with marketing, sales, and product to develop clear and measurable quarterly and annual goals. Own end-to-end management of campaigns, including content, production, testing, setup, deployment, monitoring, and key results.
- Manager of all things: Guide and lead all aspects of business oversight and be in lockstep with the Project Manager, including communication to all parties up and down the food chain while keeping the project vision and goals top of mind. plan and demonstrate a cohesive understanding of the deliverables, tasks, dependencies, team resourcing, and process. In addition, you must constantly assess project risks and communicate contingency plans
- Go the extra mile: Be thorough in documentation, facilitate healthy discussions, make sure all the “i”s are dotted and “t”s are crossed, send prompt meeting notes and follow up on action items without nagging. Nothing falls through the cracks on your watch.
- Document often: Get partner approvals and prepare documentation such as briefs, meeting notes, and status reports.
- Monitor and Report: Forecast, budget, measure ROI, and monitor progress against OKRs, and act proactively to increase our market share.
- Test, Optimize, Convert: Optimize the marketing and sales funnel: work with sales, web development, design and product teams to ensure all leads are captured, qualified and converted. Increase the speed of testing iterations and strength of findings. Champion the execution and optimization of all customer lifecycle marketing communications.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED:
- Quant Mind: MUST have the ability to process and synthesize data.
- Informative and Persuasive is your name: Know how to tailor your communication strategy to your audience, what they need to know and how they will best process and respond to the information.
- Read between the lines: Probe and provide feedback on what our business partners are trying to say even when they can’t put it into words. Great gut instincts.
- Collaboration: Have the same level of comfort speaking to and brainstorming with teammates as you have with executives and business partners. Work well with people and bring out the best of their strengths and productivity.
- Group prioritization: Prioritize and expertly steer the team when multiple initiatives are going on simultaneously. Clearly communicate timelines, budgets, deliverables, goals and expectations with stakeholders and Marketing team members.
WHAT WE'RE UP TO:
- Forbes Article: "How One Company Is Leading The Way In Corporate Innovation"
- BuilInLA Article: "Looking ahead: The trends LA tech companies are watching in 2019"
- #21 in BuiltInLA's "100 BEST PLACES TO WORK IN LOS ANGELES 2019"
- Coverage on our partnership with Wavemaker Partners
WHAT WE OFFER:
At Cie, we’re looking for fun, bright, independent, self-motivated, and experienced people who have a passion for building disruptive technology. Our compensation packages consist of salary and equity, and are commensurate with accomplishment. We offer a full suite of benefits.
- Competitive salary: Based on experience and performance.
- Ownership: The right candidate will have the opportunity to work in an exciting start-up environment with accelerated vertical growth. You’ll work with a smart group of driven and talented project and account managers, designers, and developers.
- Health/Benefits: Full suite of benefits including Medical, Dental, Visual, Life, Paid Vacation and a 401k matched.
- The Right Gear: All the bells and whistles you need to drive results.
- The Right Culture: Frequent Team events and friendly competition. Yeah, we love ping pong too. Tourney day is right around the corner…
- Free Food/Drinks: Catered lunches, stocked pantries, fridges and unlimited coffee.
- Fitness: There’s an outfitted gym at your disposal.
- Location: With new offices in Irvine, CA, our beautiful open work space is in a building with a florist, salon/barber, café/bar (with an amazing happy hour), free parking, and game room!
Read Full Job Description