We’re BCG Digital Ventures. Adventure awaits you.
We are an ever-growing global team of the world’s most remarkable entrepreneurs, designers, engineers, venture architects, product experts and investors. Our ventures create a strategic advantage for the most important global companies.
Operations at BCGDV
Our Operations team is the internal force that drives our business forward. It’s where organizational insight meets operational excellence. From Human Resources and Information Technology to Marketing and Finance, they are a dedicated group of one-of-a-kind problem-solvers with a deep commitment to world-class business services.
Reporting to BCGDV’s Global Director of Marketing and Communications, the Marketing Manager – North America will drive regional-specific integrated, multi-channel marketing campaigns and activities that are designed to amplify and elevate BCGDV’s brand and employer brand, promote its corporate venturing and business building expertise and successes, and generate demand for the company’s services among its target audiences. This includes content marketing, social media marketing, owned and third-party events, internal communications, community engagement and more.
The ideal candidate is a creative, thoughtful, data-driven marketer and communicator who is able to own end-to-end marketing campaigns and activities, from concept and production, to execution and analysis. A big-picture strategic thinker with intellectual curiosity, this person also should be skilled at formulating clear, compelling points of view and creating well-structured narratives that position BCGDV as a recognized and respected global voice and build meaningful engagement with our target audiences. And, they should be highly organized, motivated and able to move from project to project quickly and efficiently.
This role can be based in either BCGDV's Manhattan Beach or New York innovation center.
- Design and execute a marketing and communications strategy that supports the company’s North American business objectives and priorities and that aligns with broader global marketing initiatives
- Build and foster partnerships with key regional executive stakeholders and maintain regular communications and engagement.
- Create and distribute region-specific marketing content across various channels (paid, earned, shared, owned). Seek opportunities to diversify the types and formats of content produced
- Oversee the localization, development and execution of global integrated marketing campaigns. Leverage deep insights of the North America region to inform and influence the company’s global marketing strategy
- Collaborate with Global Marketing to support and/or drive regional PR, corporate communications and social media initiatives
- Work with Global Marketing to support the marketing communications of BCGDV’s venture companies built in our North American innovation centers, as well as to create, curate and promote venture and corporate partner success stories
- Plan, manage and execute company-owned regional events. Oversee the company’s participation in - and sponsorship of – regional third-party events, as well as regional events produced by BCG. And, secure, coordinate and manage event-related speaking opportunities
- Work with key regional marketing contacts within BCG to help in ensuring alignment and integration of broader company marketing and communications initiatives
- Promote region-specific company news and thought leadership via internal marketing communications targeting BCG
- In collaboration with key stakeholders, oversee the company’s regional internal communications content, channels, cadence and editorial calendar. Collaborate with Global Marketing to ensure transparency and alignment across broader internal communications efforts
- Partner with the company’s regional People, HR and Recruiting teams to promote BCGDV’s employer brand to current employees and potential talent
- Foster collaborative relationships with key stakeholders across the company to help in driving key initiatives forward
- Establish KPIs and success metrics and track, measure and report program results
You should have:
- 10+ years of experience in public relations, marketing and communications, ideally in the B2B or B2C technology space.
- Leadership experience, including direct report management
- Experience in developing and executing successful internal and external marketing and communications strategies. Able to transform creative ideas into impactful campaigns across multiple audiences and platforms
- Strong event planning and management knowledge and experience. Comfortable executing the A-to-Z details for a variety of event formats (including virtual events and webinars). Able to transform a company’s brand, employer brand and narrative into real-life experiences
- Writing, editing and copyediting capabilities. Storyteller with intellectual curiosity and the ability to create compelling, inspiring content
- Knowledge of and interest in the technology landscape, with the ability to translate complex topics effectively
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communications – ability to effectively present both internally and externally
- A collaborator with exceptional EQ who has the ability to influence people at all levels of the organization (and externally) and build trust and mutual respect with colleagues and key stakeholders up, down and across the organization
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines. Excellent planning and project management capabilities
- Ability to move between strategic planning and ideation, as well as hands-on execution
- Sharp critical thinking and analytical skills, strong business acumen and ability to make well-informed decisions quickly. A creative problem-solver who is comfortable operating in a high level of ambiguity
- Results-driven, operates well under pressure, and is fearless in setting and managing expectations
- Flexible team player with a high degree of creativity, energy and enthusiasm. A champion of others’ successes
To learn more, visit us at bcgdv.com
Interested applicants may apply through the careers section of the website at https://www.bcgdv.com/. Interviews will take place after resumes have been screened for minimum requirements. Please note that this position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and that the job scope and responsibilities are subject to change.
BCG Digital Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.