The Growth Lead is an important part of the Publishing team at GreenPark Sports, aiming to drive awareness, interest, conversion, and retention among GreenPark players - and beyond. As part of the Publishing team, this role and others are responsible for driving marketing performance, brand value, and loyalty. The Publishing team operates communications and company behaviors between the following teams: Growth, PR/Comms, Community, Insights and Strategy, and Brand. The Publishing team operates across the following channels: in-product/direct-to-player, other owned channels like websites and social profiles, earned channels such as press, and various paid channels.
The Growth Lead manages all aspects of paid acquisition for GreenPark. This role is committed to meeting and exceeding GreenPark’s growth goals, managing spend within the Cost per Install and Lifetime Value boundaries set within GreenPark’s business objectives and requirements. This role manages marketing vendor selection and operation, paid channel strategy development and operations, as well as collaboration with PR/Comms, Business Development, and other teams around GreenPark. This role manages creative performance and requirements, working in collaboration with GreenPark Publishing and Brand leadership. The Growth Lead may choose to collaborate with GreenPark Communities, such as Influencers and Creators, Teams, and Athletes. This role is a Marketing Strategy and Operations position inside the Publishing team, and may manage a team of additional professionals from Marketing, Analytics, Insights, Research, Planning, and Media.
- Develop marketing plans for all paid acquisition activities, campaigns, and initiatives
- Collaborate with company leadership to identify goals and boundaries for efficient marketing operations, return on marketing spend, and benchmarking costs
- Develop budgets for paid acquisition campaigns
- Select and manage partners, resources, agencies, and other services according to company goals
- Collaborate with Brand and Publishing leadership for creative, messages, art, video, and other content - derive additional material and variations between Growth and Brand agencies/resources - and internal teams - as performance dictates
- Provide regular, timely and comprehensive reporting on budget allocations, spends, return on advertising spend, campaign effectiveness, conversion rates, costs per acquisition, channel effectiveness, and creative effectiveness
- Collaborate with Analytics, Game Design, and Publishing leadership to assemble powerful insights about our target audiences and players
- Counsel with Production, Product, Experience, Engineering, and Business Development (“GreenPark teams”) teams to understand nuanced communications
- Consult with GreenPark teams to help them understand the nuances of target audience behavior, perceptions, paid media and growth campaigns
- Execute communications and campaigns in collaboration with department and other leadership - with an eye for detail, risk mitigation, and a heaping measure of adventurous courage - as no one ever changed the world by playing by the old rules : )
- Provide management, feedback, and other direction to vendors and partners to achieve GreenPark’s objectives, as needed
- Maintain an expert-level knowledge of mobile game advertising, paid growth conventions in mobile and games, digital marketing and advertising, and social media trends relevant to our audience and target
- A strong understanding and proven ability to develop and execute marketing strategies
- Proven success in managing programmatic, campaign-driven, and one-off marketing campaigns
- Proven ability to manage vendors and partners within the boundaries of budgets, objectives, goals, and cost-per-acquisition basis
- Ability and desire to manage disparate teams and resources in always-on campaigns, as well as seasonal and event-driven campaigns
- Proactive, self-motivated, and dogged follow-up skills
- Study and Apply Comms Planning and Growth Strategy
- Develop a Workable Understanding of Program Management for Creative, Brand, and Growth Projects
- Develop Powerful Collaboration Skills Across Departments and with All Partners
- Proactive, Detailed Progress and Status Reporting Across Entire Company
- Develop Persuasive, Clear Plans and Pitches, Based in Company Objectives and Sound Strategy
What We Offer:
- Opportunity: With a small, core team of talented people, iterating and scaling fast, you’ll be hands-on and learning right away.
- Location: We have two amazing locations - LA (Remote due to COVID-19) and SF (Downtown Burlingame/Remote due to COVID-19).
- Culture: We strive to be welcoming and inclusive. As an early team member, you’ll be active in recruiting decisions ensuring we build a culture you want to be part of.
- Salary: A competitive salary with stock options.
- Benefits: Option to join a Health, Vision and Dental benefits plan with growing benefits as the company is growing.
- Time-Off: Flexible PTO