Marketing Data Analyst at Viant
| Orange County
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:29 a.m. (PST) on Thursday, October 7, 2021
Welcome to Viant!
For over 21 years, Viant has been a leader in digital advertising, transforming the way marketers connect their brands with consumers. Our industry-leading software, Adelphic, is used every day by the world’s premier brands and agencies to plan, execute and measure the success of their programmatic advertising campaigns. With a culture built on our key company values of Live, Lead, Create and Figure it Out, we’re serious about investing in our employees and are dedicated to creating an inclusive and collaborative environment. At Viant, you’ll have the chance to make a big impact at an exciting time in our company’s history – we’re growing fast on the heels of our recent IPO. If you’re a strategic thinker and creative problem solver who thrives in a fast-paced industry, we want to hear from you.
The Marketing Data Analyst’s primary role is to support the Product Marketing team in delivering strategic product, marketing and operational support and analysis through reporting and data visualization, data management resources/tools, project tracking management and analytical support in our Irvine, CA headquarters. This role will assist the team in various product marketing duties including leveraging data insights to provide marketing analysis across product solutions and positioning, key marketing initiatives, digital adoption platform/user interface tools, knowledge base stats alongside other research metrics and analysis, research desk management and other ad hoc projects as needed.
Additionally, the Marketing Data Analyst will assist the overall Marketing team with project support and organization, analysis and insights-based conclusions for product/engineering development, go-to-market solutions and highly visible communication projects such as case studies, whitepapers, and other marketing claims and deliverables.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create and interpret SQL statements, functions, and procedures to support application development, logic creation, reporting/analysis, and data extraction.
- Construct jQuery statements based on HTML to support custom workflows.
- Projects that encompass comingling of multiple datasets to produce, communicate and support informed conclusions
- Provide strategy and tactic recommendations based on data analysis & trends to help inform marketing strategies, positioning, collateral, and other projects as needed
- Project management and tracking to support Product Marketing and larger Marketing team
- Cross-team collaboration across the organization to help identify new opportunities to utilize or showcase data analysis/findings, problem-solve, and help facilitate go-to-market initiatives
- Utilize various tools including 3rd party and internet resources to support Sales team with knowledge-sharing, trends, research inquiries, competitive advantages, and other research duties
- Keen attention to detail with ability to identify, explain and troubleshoot data discrepancies
- Understand, set expectations, and make recommendations based on project objectives and goals
- Strong analytical and the ability to identify trends and draw conclusions based on data
- Intermediate SQL & jQuery and advanced Excel experience to create/optimize queries similar to
- V-lookups as well as create project management trackers across applicable software
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment while juggling multiple projects and priorities
- Knowledge of basic marketing principles, software (SaaS) or Ad Tech industry a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Marketing, Economics, Mathematics, Computer Science degree preferred
- 1-2 Years of SQL, GBQ, jQuery and/or advanced Excel skills, Asana experience a plus
- Tableau, Microstrategy or similar Business Intelligence (BI) experience
- Proficient in MS Office, including PowerPoint
- Aptitude for working with custom software systems
- Competitive Salary and Bonuses
- Paid benefits for the employees: Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD, Life insurance/AD&D
- Paid parental leave
- Health and Wellness programs
- Employee discounts – e.g. gym memberships, wireless plans, entertainment tickets
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Casual Office Atmosphere
- Commuter Benefits Program
- Ongoing Education & Training
- Company Sponsored Events & Team Building Experiences
About the Employer: Viant Technology
Viant® is a publicly traded (Nasdaq: DSP) people-based advertising software company that enables ad buyers to plan, create, execute, and measure their omnichannel digital advertising investments. The Viant programmatic software is uniquely built on people-based data combining more than 70 people-based data partners to enable scaled and accurate audience targeting and advanced measurement. This allows for targeting consumers using real world identifiers rather than relying on cookies, from which the industry is moving away.
Adelphic® is Viant’s industry-leading omnichannel demand-side platform, empowering marketers and their advertising agencies to plan, execute and measure programmatic advertising campaigns across desktop, mobile, connected TV, linear TV, streaming audio and digital billboards -- in a single platform. Viant customers range across most verticals including automotive, entertainment, business to business, retail, consumer packaged goods, travel and healthcare. The Viant patented technology advances internet-connected household identification and overcomes the limitations of user identification in mobile and across networked devices, yielding rich, nuanced portraits of real consumers.
Based in Irvine, CA, Viant has more than 315 full-time employees in 10 offices around the U.S. Viant was recently recognized by Advertising Age as a Best Place to Work, and Adelphic is featured on AdExchanger’s Programmatic Power Players list. For more information, please see attached or visit us on the web at www.viantinc.com.
Viant is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. To provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Viant are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race; color; religion (includes religious beliefs, observance or practice, religious dress or grooming practices); creed; sex; sexual orientation; gender; gender identity or expression; transgender status; pregnancy, childbirth or related condition (including breastfeeding); marital status; national origin; citizenship; military status, veteran status; ancestry, age; physical or mental disability; medical condition (includes cancer or a record or history of cancer), genetic characteristics; or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws, and Viant prohibits harassment based on any such protected basis or characteristics.