Universal Strategic Marketing (USM) is responsible for UMG's Global catalog, Compilations, Audio-Visual and Licensing businesses for all our labels excluding Classical (with whom we also work closely).
As a dynamic, forward thinking team we ensure territories achieve optimum revenue opportunities by delivering releases and marketing support. At USM, we are expected to be innovators in our field(s), flexible in complementing and inputting into areas across our division and the wider business.
We are looking for a Marketing Associate to initiate, plan and coordinate all aspects of Marketing Campaigns for upcoming releases to designated artist, predominantly within the pop and EDM catalogues. This position will work across labels within the UMG umbrella.
- Manage all aspects of product development and marketing campaigns from concept to completion on given projects. This includes physical, digital, streaming, creating marketing tools, coordination of assets from repertoire teams, the execution and review of territory marketing plans and management of project time lines from assigned roster.
- Generate and distribute analytical project information to all relevant company working groups
- Partner with our international markets on all marketing and project management set-up
- Create and implement innovative marketing plans and strategies for assigned projects
- Formulate budgets with department heads and allocate appropriate costs; track and manage invoices
- Administer markets requests for tools and assets with appropriate repertoire centre
- Ensure all physical and digital deadlines are met; communicate deadlines to internal and external partners. Troubleshoot as needed to ensure product & release dates are met.
- Assist with evaluating and forecasting project opportunities for release
- Ensure creative output of content and repertoire in the form of new products that will generate meaningful revenues for worldwide territories
- Ensure delivery of product flow to the strategic marketing schedules
- Identify marketing & product opportunities across all formatsphysical, digital and streaming
- Ability to create and co-ordinate marketing materials, tools and information required and ensure distribution to relevant parties internally and at the operating companies
- Liaise with creative departments/designers to communicate vision, create assets Get visuals agreed and approved on a creative and practical level by artists and label
- Manage relationships with all production supply chain queries to ensure no impact to release dates
- Co-ordinate artist's / project activities around record releases (press, tools, campaigns, advertising etc)
- Initiate, seek approval and execute creation of special packaging formats on appropriate projects
- Liaise with internal/external partners including Commercial Affairs,Labels, Managers and Artists Creative Department, Supply Chainetc.
- Ensure all information is accurately communicated to all departments regarding strategy, release plans, changes, developments etc.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize responsibilities effectively
- Comfortable using data & analytics to inform marketing initiatives and decision making
- Good presentation skills
- Passionate about music with good knowledge of Universal's catalog and repertoire
- Actively stays on top of market trends for local and international music markets
- Advanced skills in common software (e.g. MS Office / Keynote / Photoshop / etc.)
- 5-2 years of experience in marketing capacity
- BA/BA degree in Marketing, Business Administration or related field
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.