Tinder brings people together. With tens of millions of users and a presence in every country on earth, our reach is expansive and rapidly growing. Tinder’s Analytics Team is looking for a Data Scientist with an expertise in Marketing Analytics.
Our analytics team takes ownership of the decisions being made from our data – we develop a deep understanding of both the business and its data and establish close working relationships with all teams - including Product, Marketing, Engineering, and Finance – so that we can provide recommendations and make proposals regarding prioritization of initiatives, product launches, A/B tests, and company performance.
As a data scientist in this role, you will be a partner to the Marketing team, providing support for A/B test design and analysis as well as data-driven insights through ad-hoc analyses, presentations, and automated reports and dashboards. This role will require extensive experience with SQL, data wrangling, statistics, and A/B testing as well as the ability to work in cross-functional teams to drive actionable insights. Experience with user growth and acquisition across consumer products is a plus.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Master and own the analytical understanding of customer behavior and business performance
- Build models to better understand the value and churn behavior of our users
- Find the “story” in the data and communicate insights and opportunities with executive and other internal teams
- Perform ongoing ad-hoc analyses to evaluate the efficiency of our marketing spend, building reporting infrastructure, and assisting in making budgeting recommendations to optimize growth
- Integrate captured event data with other sources of customer data, such as surveys, ad publishers and app store data
- Support reporting and business intelligence needs of the entire Marketing team.
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Ability to think objectively and interpret meaningful themes from quantitative and qualitative data
- Ability to build constructive and effective relationships with a broad and diverse group of business partners
- Ability to execute on complex analytics projects where you have to determine salient questions in a complex ecosystem and present action-oriented conclusions
- Proficiency with SQL required
- Scripting skills, preferably in Python. Strong Python/NumPy/PANDAS skills a plus
- Knowledge of statistics, specifically experimental design and analysis
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint
- Familiarity with common KPIs, metrics, and growth experiments
As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
• Working on a product that has an immediate impact on people’s lives all around the world
• Collaborating with a team of creative, fun and driven colleagues
• Comprehensive health coverage, competitive salary, 401(k) employer match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
• Other perks and wellness benefits like a fitness membership subsidy, paid concierge medical membership, pet insurance offerings, and a commuter subsidy
• A robust Learning + Development offering including our MentorMatch program, access to a library of 6,000+ online learning courses through Udemy, and an annual L+D stipend
• Access to mental health resources
• Fertility preservation benefits
• No Meeting Wednesdays and access to a wide range of product and service discounts through Perkspot
• Charitable donations match up to $15,000 annually
• Monthly and weekly interactive virtual events including Book Club, trivia with prizes and yoga workouts
• The opportunity to join six active Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
At Tinder, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our product, and our community. We strive to make our workplace an inclusive and diverse environment, giving people from all walks of life the opportunity to have a voice. We champion and encourage those who bring different perspectives, ideas, and creativity to join our team dedicated to bringing people together across the globe. Tinder is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where we welcome all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, or other lived experience.