Manager, Marketing Strategy (Shows and Campaigns) at MotorTrend Group
Machines that Move Us.
People who Inspire Us.
Stories that Drive Us.
Check us out: http://bit.ly/MotorTrendG
We are MotorTrend.
With a monthly reach of more than 131 million, the MotorTrend Group is the largest automotive media company in the world. Launched with MotorTrend’s iconic magazine 70 years ago, the company now has a global reach that includes MotorTrend TV, the MotorTrend streaming service, MotorTrend.com, and Hot Rod magazine, with franchises that include MotorTrend Car of the Year, Roadkill, Wheeler Dealers, Best Driver’s Car and dozens more. Our portfolio brings together Discovery’s #1 TV network for automotive super fans, with our vast automotive digital platform that includes direct-to-consumer products, websites, apps, social, and live events.
The people who work at MotorTrend embody the passion of our content, and wake up every day intent on embracing, entertaining, and empowering the motoring world.
Job Summary & Responsibilities:
The Manager, Marketing Strategy (Shows and Campaigns) will support the Director, Acquisition Marketing in the development and execution of all fully integrated marketing strategies and plans for shows, campaigns, and promotions to aggressively grow the subscriber base for MotorTrend’s SVOD offering and other important digital initiatives. The ideal candidate must be a highly collaborative, proactive, data driven self-starter able to work in a fast-paced environment.
Essential duties and responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Support Director in the planning and execution of marketing plans for shows, campaigns, and promotions focused on acquiring subscribers
- Own the management and execution of assigned campaigns and programs including planning, developing decks and briefs, managing creative development and delivery, tracking, reporting, and analysis
- Educate, excite and drive interest and excitement for the MotorTrend business, content launches and sustain, acquisition marketing campaigns, and promotions with key partners, team members and stakeholders through compelling presentations and pitches to define and secure partnership opportunities as well as define marketing strategies that drive results across owned and operated channels
- Partner with creative teams and agencies as needed to produce best-in-class marketing materials and advertising creative including marketing plans and presentations, trailers and video assets, digital and social ads, content marketing pieces, linear spots, event activations, and print ads
- Analyze market trends and recommend changes to marketing strategies based on analysis and feedback
- Be the expert on all assigned campaigns and programs to best plan and maximize communication, opportunities, and placements to acquire subscribers
- Partner closely with internal PR, integrated marketing, social media and cross-functional teams to develop and implement marketing plans
- Analyze performance of all marketing campaigns to evaluate success and to regularly identify areas for optimization
- Plan, execute, and attend exciting and innovative event activations onsite to acquire new subscribers and drive engagement with fans
- Build strong relationships and excellent communication with MotorTrends’s talent to develop and execute collaborative marketing campaigns including event appearances
- This position may include supervising one or more employees where applicable.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Media, or Communications; MBA preferred
- 5 years of experience planning and executing acquisition marketing campaigns for digital consumer products (apps, games, subscription services) for entertainment brands
- Experience with subscription services and SVOD products a plus
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Proven ability to plan and execute robust, innovative, and effective marketing strategies at a large media company that leverage owned and operated channels to drive results
- Excellent people skills – relationship building, impeccable communication, collaboration, patience and tact
- Solid understanding of customer path to purchase, and direct marketing KPIs, such as CPI, CPA and LTV
- Knowledge and key web analytics and attribution tracking tools (e.g. Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, Kochava)
- Strength in analytical/problem solving skills with a data driven approach to customer acquisition
- The ability to be a team player with the confidence to take the lead and guide others when necessary with a proactive attitude, and ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Ability to adapt and pick up new tools quickly is a must
- Strong working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint are critical with solid presentation skills and an ability to clearly articulate strategy, objectives, tactics, analysis and results along with rationale
- Exceptional time management skills, including the ability to handle multiple projects with changing priorities
- The ability to sit for prolonged period of time and view computer screen
- Must be able to attend events which may require working nights and weekends and/or traveling
- Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Work is performed in an office environment that is well lit and ventilated.
NOTE: This position description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict any other tasks that may be assigned.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including but not limited to all local Fair Chance Ordinances.