Manager, Global Marketing
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world's leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
UMG is looking for a Global Marketing Manager who will oversee and direct all aspects of day-to-day marketing and will partner with our labels/managers/artists to develop marketing global campaigns that strategize the best course to market for their releases. This role will work in tandem with the various departments under the direction of the VP of Global Priorities.
How you'll CREATE:
- Marketing Strategy: Work with our partners to create a strong marketing campaign that is engaging fans, raising visibility
- Project Management: Act as the marketing lead for specific projects and labels. This includes developing the overall marketing plan, budget and strategy for the campaign and then executing it.
- Marketing Plans: When not running a campaign, the candidate will be responsible for guiding our label partners in creating well thought out and creative plans.
- Project Budgeting: Work with our label partners to create smart marketing budgets that help deliver maximum visibility while also focusing on the highest return on investment.
- Label Meetings: Be available for all label meetings to act as a sounding board and strategist.
- Weekly Updates: Create weekly updates for the team highlighting growth areas and opportunities on priority releases. Also work with label partners to ensure they are consistently delivering concise updates.
- PR Outreach & Guidance: Help to suggest appropriate PR teams for our partners and act as the lead in liaising with them on the creation of a strong PR campaign that compliments the other marketing and sales activities.
- Label/Artist Relations: Available during negotiations as it relates to marketing strategy and label relations. This role is generally the first point of contact after a deal has been signed so that marketing plan development and marketing strategy can begin immediately to maximize timelines.
- Digital Marketing Strategy: Work with the digital department to ensure that our partners are creating creative, innovative campaigns that engage fans utilizing pre-existing social platforms and new technologies.
- Community Relations: understand, be immersed and have thorough knowledge of urban music sector with experience of promoter circuit, urban charts, digital and social media platforms, and grassroots/street marketing
- Data Driven Analytics: know how to query and speak to specific data points that are meaningful to account relations and artist/manager expectations
- Culture Driven Focus: know of, be immersed in, and speak eloquently to the pulse/relevance of an artist within the culture of the scene, conveying what is meaningful for account relations and benchmarking artist/manager expectations
Bring your VIBE:
- Experience strategizing and executing global marketing campaigns, as well as pitching proposals for prospective clients (please be prepared to provide examples of or discuss campaigns you've worked on)
- Experience with cross-promotional marketing and branding
- Existing relationships with labels and/or brands and existing contacts at digital platforms
- Advanced level artist relations and/or third-party distribution experience
- 3+years' experience in music industry marketing
- Design/editing skills a plus
- Must be tech-savvy with deep understanding of current & forthcoming technologies and general market trends
- Candidates should be creative, innovative, detail-oriented and resourceful. Must be able to prioritize and multi-task
- Build and manage artist budgets to support online marketing
- Knowledge of social media best practices and how to put together a social media plan, build a fan base, etc.
- Must have strong music industry relationships and vision to work with in house and 3rd party PR, Promo and online marketing teams
- Degree or equivalent experience preferred.
What's in it For You?
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, "Gift Week", Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.