Manager, Digital Marketing Audience Development at Universal Music Group
Based at the iconic Capitol Tower in the heart of Hollywood, Capitol Music Group is home to some of the best-known labels in modern music; encompassing the jazz icons of Blue Note, Capitol's generations of pop stars, and the legendary recording of Motown to name but a few. We produce, distribute and promote some of the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music in the industry. This role is a fantastic opportunity to join an organization on the cutting edge of the modern music business and, as part of Universal Music Group, a chance to be part of the world's leading Music Company.
How we LEAD:
Capitol Records is currently seeking a Manager, Digital Marketing Audience Development for our Hollywood, CA office. The Manager will support Digital Marketing initiatives across the label's roster including; Pop, Urban, and Alternative, while also leading strategy across a number of developing acts. They are responsible for building out the digital, mobile and social components of an artist's overall marketing plan – including but not limited to digital promotions, artists websites, fan acquisition and engagement, video releases, creation/implementation of digital tools and products to increase fan engagement, paid media campaigns, etc.
How you'll CREATE:
- Define, plan, and execute digital marketing campaigns for a roster of artists.
- Support execution of digital marketing campaigns for more senior members of the team
- Lead the creation and utilization on all artist websites and social networks with updates, posts news, content, etc.
- Contribute to the design and creation of artists digital assets, including photo and video content
- Heavy research of artist communities and word-of-mouth analysis (reading and analyzing message boards, blogs, other artist sites, etc.).
- Quantify success and efficiency of digital promotions, paid media campaigns, eCommerce efforts, social engagement and partnerships via various analytics tools.
- Manage relationship with top-level artists, managers and other partners.
- Discover new sites and outlets to promote artists and maintain relationships with key sites and partners
- Filter results of analysis and present to the internal departments.
- Measure and analyze overall campaign performance and provide insights and key learnings to other departments.
- Track-specific milestones, including email, social and advertising conversion rates, plays and views, number of fans acquired, campaign spend and ROI against project goals.
- Drive direct to consumer revenue from recorded music sales, merchandise, ticketing, advertising, and subscription.
- Create and manage database marketing campaigns to find new fans and optimize conversions.
- Identify viral, digital word-of-mouth marketing opportunities with the goal of driving traffic, fan acquisition, and creating brand awareness for artists.
- Work with visual and art departments on digital content creation, optimization, and scheduling.
- Partner with internal departments (marketing, international marketing, production, commercial, press, and research) to execute effective interactive strategies.
Bring your VIBE:
- Must have 2-4 years experience in digital marketing with focus on analytics and content.
- Strong analytical background and ability to create and update reports.
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams (strong project management, organization and communication skills)
- Ambitious individual sought who is self-starter requiring minimal direction.
- Excellent communication oral and written skills are a must. The candidate will be collaborating with presenting campaigns to and contextualizing results for a broad audience every week.
- Social strategy and paid media planning experience preferred.
- Must be proficient with using Excel, PowerPoint or Keynote and be comfortable with collaboration and asset management tools like Google Drive, Dropbox, Evernote, Basecamp and the like.
- Must thrive in a team environment but be able to take initiative and work independently.
- Adobe Creative cloud proficiency a plus
- Candidate must have strong computer knowledge of various music applications and excellent knowledge of the Internet.
- Candidate must be motivated, creative, innovative, organized, detail-oriented and accustom to working under tight deadlines.
What's in it For You?
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, "Gift Week", Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.