Manager of Corporate Communications and LATAM (based in West Hollywood) at Tinder
Tinder brings people together. With tens of millions of members and a presence in nearly every country on earth, our reach is expansive — and we’re rapidly growing. There’s never been a more exciting time to be at Tinder. Our new Chief Product Officer is driving an innovation roadmap and our new Chief Marketing officer is expanding our marketing presence around the world. And the global communications team is expanding and up-leveling its work with the arrival of our new Chief Communications Officer. Tinder is on a course to revolutionize the way young people meet and connect today, if you want to be a part of that...keep reading.
We are looking for a dynamic communications professional with a strong background in corporate communications and a solid understanding of the media ecosystem in the U.S.and LATAM. Additionally, this person should have experience working cross-functionally and in a fast-paced environment. The candidate will be a member of a seasoned group of professionals helping to shape and tell the story of Tinder as a company, product and brand. She/he will support the Director of Corporate Communications and Director of Communications, Product on a daily basis. This person will work across a variety of functions, including corporate media strategy, issues management, product launches, executive speaking engagements, and project management.
The role requires strong cross-functional interactions with teams based across Latin America, Asia, and Europe. This person should have a passion for company and employer brand storytelling and must be an independent thinker and a self-starter with the ability to manage several projects at once with a high level of detail. Of particular interest are candidates with experience working in the LATAM market, in addition to a background in technology, entertainment or lifestyle sectors and those who are used to working in an environment that requires agility, selflessness and the ability to think globally. Also of interest are candidates who have experience developing corporate communications strategies for a young, consumer-focused brand.
The candidate must have the following qualifications:
- The candidate should possess 5-10 years of experience in media, corporate or agency settings.
- Have an excellent grasp on the business and tech media landscape and be adept at corporate reputation and issues management.
- Hold relationships with business and tech journalists and influencers in the US, is able to build relationships with new contacts.
- Have experience developing company narratives and working on executive communications
- Fluent in Spanish with knowledge of Portuguese a plus
- Have substantial experience dealing with senior executives, managing speaking opps, and have strong project management skills.
- Have knowledge of how to manage budgets.
- Have experience working in conjunction with Internal Comms and on Employer Brand initiatives.
- Travel to New York, San Francisco and Latin America to maintain in-person relationships with key media.
- Know how to successfully manage an agency, including writing strategic briefs/memos.
- Be a succinct communicator in a 'hands on' role, detailed and and highly-organized.
- Be based in/willing to move to the Los Angeles area.
- Have a Bachelor's Degree in Journalism, Communications, Business, or a related field.
Additionally, candidates should possess the following qualities:
- Be a team player with a positive attitude and an excellent writer/communicator.
- Have a strong bias-to-action, adept and agile on changing course and getting things done on short timeframes.
- Have good business acumen, preferably with experience working for global brands.
- Be familiar with, and/or enthusiastically curious about youth culture, technology, innovation and media.
As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
- The hustle of a startup with the impact of a global business
- Tremendous opportunity to solve some of the industry’s most exciting problems
- Working with an extraordinary team of smart, creative, fun and highly motivated people
- Meaningful benefits package
- Unlimited Vacation and flexible working hours