Manager, Ad Operations
The Revenue team is the driving force of Weedmaps and we are looking to add a Manager to our Ad Operations team. Based in our Irvine office, you will be managing the ad operations team in ensuring smooth set up, reporting, testing and yield optimization efforts. This role also collaborates closely with the Ads Team, product, engineers and developers along with other operation leaders to create a frictionless ad purchasing experience for our consumers.
The ideal candidate has a solid ad tech background, can think strategically, is comfortable working across a variety of platforms/systems while driving forward the success of our Ad Operations team through continuous improvement. The right person will be dynamic, goal oriented while operating in a high volume operational environment, and will be able to adapt quickly to change, while maintaining a positive attitude.
The impact you'll make:
- Successfully managing a team of ad operations members to ensure sales of Weedmaps advertising products are correctly booked and flighted while helping provide ads revenue reporting and updates to the wider organization
- Work with the Ad Operations team to provide campaign, and monthly pacing updates for scheduled and booked revenue
- Monitor and oversee core processes that support Weedmaps advertising products; ensuring low error rates in setup, within a timely SLA
- Assets received from clients
- Campaign flighting/management via ad server
- Opportunity and Insertion order creations
- Ads traffic/performance to ensure proper delivery
- Enforcing any irregularities in Ads Policy (Asset Submissions, Variations, Changes & Edits)
- Proactively identify ways to streamline the campaign workflow process with improvements, automation, or integrations/product development.
- Help develop new processes to identify revenue opportunities for campaigns in flight with a focus on creating recurring ad buys
- Work with Lead and other cross-functional stakeholders by providing thought leadership and input in the creation of new ad products, tooling, product roadmap development and execution.
- Support in developing training materials focused on new ad product launches while keeping the team informed about status of ads operational processes and KPIs.
- Coach and mentor team members, providing tangible performance feedback, and focusing on career growth for direct reports
What you've accomplished:
- BS / BA Degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in Ad operations and managing high-volume operational teams
- 5+ years of experience in Google Ad Manager or other advertising servers and various publishing platforms
- Knowledgeable in the ad industry with experience in working with digital media, programmatic solutions and analytics platforms
- Fundamental understanding of digital media technologies, tagging, ad serving, media, site metrics and yield optimization
- Experience creating and helping manage campaign pace and delivery
- Strong planning / organizational skills with the ability to troubleshoot and problem solve
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and present with diverse range of stakeholders
- Familiarity with, and interest, in cannabis industry, digital media, sales, and operations
- Comfort with, and ability to operate at an aggressive, accelerated, iterative pace in a dynamic environment
- 100% employee covered Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits AND 80% dependent covered Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- HMO (California residents only) and PPO option offered through United Healthcare
- 401(k) Retirement Plan: 100% match on the first 1%. 50% match from 2-6% of employee contributions
- 3 weeks PTO (accrued) and 5 sick days (immediate)
- Supplemental, voluntary benefits: accident insurance, short and long term disability, flexible spending accounts, life Insurance, critical illness insurance
- Basic Life/AD&D (Accidental Death and Dismemberment)
- 11 company holidays
- Catered lunch and snacks provided while working in the office
- Monthly snack boxes sent straight to your doorstep as we work remotely
- Casual work environment, read no fancy clothes required, but you are free to dress to the nines!
- Corporate events
- All the equipment that you need to get your work done
Weedmaps is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are looking for the smartest and most passionate people who want to join our team and develop the services, systems, and marketplaces that will serve the marijuana industry in the decades to come. Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Founded in 2008, Weedmaps is a leading technology and software infrastructure provider to the cannabis industry. Our suite of cloud-based software and data solutions includes point of sale, logistics and ordering solutions that enable customers to scale their businesses while complying with the complex and disparate regulations applicable to the cannabis industry. In addition, our platform provides consumers with information regarding cannabis products across web and mobile platforms, including listing local retailers and brands, facilitating product discovery and allowing consumers to educate themselves on cannabis and its history, uses and legal status. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Weedmaps employs more than 400 professionals around the world, with offices including Barcelona, Denver, New York, Phoenix and Toronto.
So what are you waiting for? Join the Weedmaps team!