Lifecycle Marketing Specialist
We’re looking for a passionate, hands-on marketer who is interested in solving one of the world's largest problems, financial inclusion. Our team is doing cutting-edge work in data science and machine learning, using unique data to give people in emerging markets access to credit — something they’ve never had before. This help us realize the vision of unlocking financial access, choice, and control for underserved people globally.
Our customer base is entirely mobile, and the Lifecycle Marketing Specialist will be a key part of developing and refining our engagement strategy across all markets. Ideal candidates will be creative problem solvers who are curious about what makes people tick and have a strong desire to help our customers expand their financial horizons. They will have a strong understanding of the nuances of different forms of communication, and experience driving large-scale A/B tests and retention programs.
- Build and Execute a testing plan to improve customer lifecycle marketing metrics (including customer engagement, driving desired outcomes)
- Champion the execution and optimization of all customer lifecycle marketing communications
- Increase speed of testing iterations and strength of findings
- Own end-to-end management of campaigns, including content, production, testing, setup, deployment, monitoring, and key results
- Initiate product related changes relevant to engagement & retention objectives
- Intellectual rigor and curiosity, ability to process and synthesize data
- Work with in-country teams to identify areas of opportunity and ways to increase local relevance of our messages
- 3+ years of relevant experience managing digital customer messaging campaigns (email, push notification, SMS)
- Strong analytical approach to funnel activation metrics, campaign performance, and optimization
- Highly proficient in mobile marketing platforms (e.g. Braze, UrbanAirship)
- Highly proficient with data analysis tools (e.g. Amplitude, Looker, Tableau)
- Hands-on experience scoping and running A/B and multivariate tests
- Careful attention to detail
- Work with humility, empathy, and a service-oriented attitude of “Customer First”
We strongly believe that inclusion fosters innovation and we’re proud to have a diverse team with a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. We focus on hiring talented people regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Tala is the leading mobile technology and data science company committed to financial inclusion globally. Millions of people have borrowed through Tala's smartphone app, which provides instant, personalized credit to underserved customers in East Africa, Southeast Asia, and Latin America. Tala is backed by leading venture and impact investors including PayPal, Revolution Growth, IVP, and Lowercase Capital. Tala is headquartered in Santa Monica with additional offices in Nairobi, Manila, Dar Es Salaam, Mexico City, and Bangalore.