Internal Brand Manager at Hawke Media
| Greater LA Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 7:00 p.m. (PST) on Tuesday, January 28, 2020
The Brand Manager is responsible for developing, implementing and executing promotional activities for Hawke Media. This employee’s core responsibility is to develop branding, advertising, marketing and promotional materials, which includes both internal and external-facing assets. The Brand Manager will collaborate with all departments at Hawke Media (Business Development, Marketing, Partnerships, People Operations, and Services) to ensure that the correct brand image and values are being promoted and used at all times. This employee will also supervise the production of brand materials where necessary.
As a Brand Manager, you will define Hawke’s brand messaging, tone of voice, and design. You will focus primarily on the innovation and expansion of existing design elements as well as be responsible for the creation of brand elements when they do not exist for Hawke Media. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of Hawke’s position in the marketplace and brand identity, and provide solutions and lead the conversation in terms of creative strategy and insight.
This candidate will be well-versed in development, creation, and execution of brand identity and the development of assets from a set visual framework. This would include elements such as print collateral, promotional items, social ads and post, landing pages, sales collateral, executive summaries and more. You will develop new and innovative designs that not only directly resonate with the target demographic, but develop a design storyline that is pleasing and conversion-focused.
- Contribute strategically to the development of Hawke’s brand identity, creating aesthetically excellent work that is true to the brand spirit.
- Develop print collateral, design templates and sales and marketing collateral.
- Create and manage promotional collateral to establish and maintain Hawke’s branding.
- Analyze our brand positioning and consumer insights, and develop collateral that shapes and communicates our vision and mission.
- Align all marketing and promotional assets around the brand’s direction, choices and tactics.
- Develop style guides, brand guidelines, brand vision and value proposition in design materials.
- Design for both conceptual experiences (crafting stories and building brand) and visual systems (branding, typography, and UI)
- Drive projects from start to finish, collaborating with strategists, and other designers and developers.
- Have up-to-date knowledge on current platforms and design trends and show a greater overall strategy within each project
- Able to execute design across all mediums with proficiency in all Adobe suites.
- Update and maintain Hawke Media’s internal collateral and sales collateral, including content updates, and visual enhancements, on a quarterly basis.
- BA or BFA in Fine Art, Design or Communication Design preferred
- Proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign.
- Minor in marketing, communication or business-related field preferred.
- Prior experience at another creative agency or marketing agency, building and developing brand identities.
- Understanding of digital marketing lifecycle and design implementations throughout each of those platforms/mediums.
- Strong design, typographical and interactive skills that match with modern design trends and best practices.
- High attention to detail, strong verbal and written communication.
- Creative flair, versatility, conceptual/visual ability and originality.
- Ability to interact, communicate and present ideas and receive creative directions and feedbacks
- An awe-inspiring portfolio of brand-defining identities, websites, apps and artifacts. Including, bringing brands to life through in print, UI, other implementations.
- Must have experience crafting pixel perfect logos and icons.
- Knowledge of design and technology trends and how to apply these to projects.
- Solid understanding of how to create assets for multi-resolution platforms.
- Plus but not required: Proficiency in after effects or lightroom.
- Ability to expand upon the design of already established brands.
- Experience presenting and explaining design choices through a strategic lens.
Read Full Job Description