Head of User Acquisition
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
Snapchat is the camera used by millions of people every day to Snap with family, watch Stories from friends, see events from around the world, and explore expertly curated content from top publishers. In short, we are a passionate team working hard to build the best platform in the world for communication and storytelling.
We’re looking for a User Acquisition Manager to join Snap Inc! Working from our Venice, CA headquarters, you’ll collaborate with other product managers, Engineering, Marketing, and Creative Media teams to directly contribute to growing highly engaged Snapchatters all over the world.
What you’ll do:
- Help create strategy and define KPIs for Snapchat’s user acquisition
- Proactively identify, execute, and manage initiatives and external partnerships
- Evaluate results and make data-driven recommendations to senior executives
- Shape and manage marketing analytics, while partnering with our Marketing team as it pertains to growth initiatives
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of experience in user acquisition, marketing analytics, or growth
- Proven ability to execute in fast paced environment
- Ability to articulate, persuade, and drive results with key leaders at Snap
- Clear communication skills and ability to closely collaborate with various teams
- A passion for Snapchat, bias toward execution and creativity!
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at [email protected].