Head of Social Media
Here at Wpromote, one of the nation’s leading digital marketing firms, we invite you to “Think Like A Challenger” and push our clients to take on the 800 lb. gorillas of their industries. Our crew of 300+ digital marketers breathes in marketing and exhales ROI, and we challenge our clients and ourselves each and every day to surpass yesterday’s expectations! Our award-winning campaigns have helped hundreds of companies from startups to Fortune 500 brands thrive. If you’ve heard of Forever 21, Verizon, Papyrus, TOMS, Wienerschnitzel, or Zenni Optical, you’ve heard of our clients. And we want you to join us in making our clients even better.
If you’re not already convinced, our amazing perks have made us one of the Best Places to Work in the US two years running according to Ad Age, and one of Los Angeles’ best places to work 5 years in a row. Here’s why:
- 80% coverage of basic medical, vision, and dental insurance.
- Traditional 401k and/or Roth 401k matching.
- Quarterly team social events, birthday celebrations, chili cook offs, holiday half days and summer half day Fridays, and more.
- Yoga sessions two times a week to help you de-stress and recharge. Stretch it off; it’s the new norm.
- Generous PTO and an innovative Work From Anywhere policy that gives our employees freedom to stretch their wings - and catch the cable guy.
- Coffee, tea, juice, and cereal. A vending machine that has every snack imaginable.
- Fresh fruit Mondays, Veggie Tuesdays, Yogurt Wednesdays, Throwdown Thursdays, and Bagel Fridays!
- Dog friendly office. Seriously.
- Beautifully designed and modern office: standing desks, outdoor seating, courtyard, and breakout rooms.
- Break time: ping-pong, shuffleboard, and Bocce ball. Any time is break time.
- But wait, we have more! We have electric full body massage chairs so you can work while getting a massage.
We are looking for our next GM of Social Media to oversee our entire Social Media department and continue to expand our team in multiple offices! If you are a strong leader who can showcase a commanding presence in the boardroom and equally demonstrate a passion for coaching and mentoring all levels of your team, then this is your perfect match! You will be hands-on in overseeing strategy, driving innovation, all while supporting and pushing an already strong, driven, and talented team to continue developing their social and digital marketing expertise, business acumen, and leadership skills.
You Will Be
- Managing a team of 20+ individuals, directly supervising 4 directors across 3 offices.
- Working with directors to determining the correct roles, responsibilities, and expertise needed to scale and grow social media practice. Managing the recruitment, retention, and professional development of the social media team.
- Leading paid social strategy with emphasis on holistic, full-funnel approach. Serve as agency lead for all social POV’s
- Providing growth mapping & goal setting, and performing bi-annual formal performance reviews. A major focus will be on team building, cultivating individuality, physical and emotional well being, and personal development.
- Working directly with CEO, CRO, and SVP’s of Marketing and Client Services to help assist with new agency business and provide support for press initiatives including Forrester interviews, content development for industry publications, audit/sales pitches, case studies, etc.
- Identifying and determining social media opportunities for all clients as they align with their digital marketing goals and strategies.
- Accountable for the quality of all social media plans/strategies/services delivered to clients as well as client satisfaction.
- Acting as a central resource for information related to social media – facilitate collaboration, knowledge sharing, and encourage the groundswell for social media across teams and offices.
- Acting as key liaison with department heads, executive leadership, and account teams, to ensure investment and strategy alignment.
- Partnering with the creative teams for acquisition and the product teams focused on acquisition experiences on websites, to ensure managers are providing innovative solutions and strategies to end clients and sharing learnings with the team and agency.
- Partnering closely with internal stakeholders to capture and share learnings, providing thought leadership pertaining to emerging trends in social and collaborate on supporting and reaching holistic agency goals.
You Must Have
- Minimum of 6-8 years of experience in the development and implementation of media planning and buying strategies within the advertising industry. Specifically within Digital media with a focus on Social Media
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) in Advertising, Marketing, Communications, or related field. A Master’s degree in a related field is a plus
- Minimum of 4+ years of prior staff management, development and mentoring experience
- Demonstrated ability to build and lead team in a highly collaborative environment to develop and execute social media strategies, plans, and programs for clients in a variety of industries.
- Created high level social strategies and integrate them into the overall marketing plan across various social platforms
- Deep knowledge of all aspects of the social space: platforms, vendors, measurement, content creation, media, technology, UX.
- Strong Understanding of creatives to drive direct response results from consumers that will achieve target CPAs
- Proficient knowledge with Facebook ad planning/buying (self-serve), paid search (Google, Bing, and Yahoo), bid management platforms (Smart.ly, AdGlow, Kenshoo, Marin, Nannigans), and Google Display Network
- The proven ability to be innovative and strategic in creating and managing a social media discipline within an agency/business; including budget management resource planning
- Experience scaling paid social media customer acquisition campaigns for diverse range of clients and verticals (Must have: ecomm, retail, and lead gen experience Nice to have: hospitality, travel, financial services)
- Working experience managing multi-million dollar yearly media budgets
- Ability to perform media performance analysis using statistics and experience in identifying trends on large data sets (you can use pivots and VBA) and A/B and/or multivariate testing of ads and landing pages
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about complex issues, leading to thoughtful recommendations, action plans, and campaigns that drive high ROI
- Willingness to monitor campaigns as needed outside of operational hours
- Knack to delegate efficiently and manage internal media teams in the development and execution of effective plans for clients.
- A track record of participating in successful new business pitches.
- The ability to use consumer insights data, platform performance, and key social media trends to inform the development of strategies and plans.
- Strong time and project management skills, with the ability to identify and respond to situations rapidly
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills; including strong presentation skills
- Active Paid Media certifications preferred
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9. For more information on E Verify, or if you believe that your employer has violated its E-Verify responsibilities, please contact DHS.