Head of Public Relations & Communications at Builder
We need a Head of Public Relations and Communications that can fully own the Brands communications strategy. This person will be a strategic, but think out of the box. This dynamic person should have great Media relationships and carry out research to find out the strengths, weaknesses, concerns, and objectives of the brand to provide the most tailored strategy possible.
Our Head of Public Relations and Communications will plan and execute publicity strategies and campaigns to promote the brand and activity; Manage the company’s interaction with their clients, the media, and the general public; oversee all of printed, broadcasted, and online communications. Keep up-to-date on new promotional opportunities and report on the progress of PR campaigns as well as commissioning or undertaking relevant market research. They will attend networking and media events, as well as meetings with clients, suppliers, and partner organizations, to discuss the different aspects of PR campaigns and activities. Other duties include crafting and distributing press releases, fact sheets, and media invites, along with any other communication destined to the media and the general public: Writing concise and compelling stories for press outreach in a variety of formats. Developing and cultivating strong ties with the media to help generate visibility opportunities: Liaising with Journalists, influencers, and other members of the media; and pitching and securing the necessary media coverage.
Why We Need This Role
We need someone to manage the public image of our company, with the aim of increasing our media presence and overall popularity. This person will craft strategies and design campaigns that will help us maintain or improve our reputation and credibility. He/She will also monitor media coverage and use multiple communication channels and media platforms to promote the company's image and brand. This will involve issuing press releases, promoting press releases, nurturing relationships with press, hosting events, and arranging public appearances.
Why You Should Join
If you are motivated by working with partners to tell rich, compelling stories and building strategic relationships, this role will put your strengths to work for a fast-growing company that is disrupting the software engineering industry and empowering the 90% who have an idea but no idea how to make it happen. You will be encouraged to push boundaries, think differently, and be creative as you develop a strategy to engage audiences. This is a great opportunity to start from scratch. This person will have complete oversight of the companies' image in the Media.
First Six Month Deliverables
- Develop Comms strategy for the Brand
- Secure and coordinate opportunities for media coverage
- Develop internal and external communications including draft remarks for leaders
- Creatively amplify our key brand messages
- Passionate about loosely held values and ideas. We want someone who has experience but is not blinded by the path already taken.
- 6-8 years of experience in a similar role
- Must be a confident communicator and presenter
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must possess excellent organizational and planning skills
- Have a full understanding of media needs and media relationships
- Be proactive, reliable, responsible and accurate with an attention to detail
- Possess the ability to keep information confidential
- Tactical understanding of all primary social media platforms
- Ability to work in high-stress environments, and long hours
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude
- Self-motivated with a positive and professional approach to management
- Has worked with Founders and/or upper level management
- Health and Wellness benefits including competitive medical, dental, and vision plans
- Performance-based bonuses and stock options
- Generous vacation and time off benefits including paid holidays
- Generally flexible working hours
- Working in a beautiful office space the heart of Silicon Beach in Playa Vista
- A collaborative culture where unconventional thinkers come together to solve interesting problems and having fun while doing it
- Mission-driven company that is making the world a better place