Head of Marketing at Puffco
Who Are We:
When you leave work, do you miss it? Do you wish you were moving your work forward because you knew it would move your entire industry forward, we do.
The people here at Puffco don’t just create products — we create behavior changing experiences for a community in the millions, with more added everyday. The mentality that drives the leadership at Puffco is based on passion and obsession, never by obligation. The excitement of a new idea turning into a tangible product that changes people’s lives is a rare gift, that we cherish daily.
Puffco has already produced the most awarded devices ever in our space, but for us, this is just the beginning. What we’ve created is truly special, and we’re looking for special people to help shape the future of our industry. Join Puffco and you join a family, and a community that you can directly impact. The possibilities are limitless, and the results dependent on how deep you care to dive in
Some of What We’ve Achieved:
- Listed by MG Magazine as one of the 50 best companies to work for.
- Nominated for Engadgets “Best Of CES”
- Featured on Vice, Netflix, HBO, and were one of the only products ever to be featured on the Cover of High Times magazine.
- Written about in Forbes, Rolling Stone, Billboard Magazine, and other publications now just tuning into the work we’ve been putting in when no one was paying attention.
- Grew 5x in revenue and 3x in scale, and we have no plans of slowing.
- Released the first-ever smart rig, the Puffco Peak, that created a mile-stone in consumer electronics that create the consumer experience and created massive appeal.
- Brought together the worlds of art and technology with the Puffco Glass Open. It stimulated the billion-dollar glass art industry, providing jobs and creating an impact far beyond what most consumer products can achieve.
- Vastly expanded our distribution to more than 51 different countries, leaving a global impression.
Who Are You:
We are looking for exceptional employees who are innovative forward thinkers, who are resourceful, motivated, and passionately committed to their trade. A driven self-starter with top notch organizational and detail-oriented skill set who thrives in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment. We here at Puffco possess these qualities and if you do too, then please read on!
What’s The Role About:
Puffco is looking for a hands-on, metrics-driven Head of Marketing who will lead all our marketing activities from social media and digital campaigns to advertising and creative projects. Develop plans to help establish our brand, allocating resources to different projects and setting short-term and long-term department goals. To be successful in this role you will be strategic, accountable, and opportunistic with your ability to manage and measure the customer acquisition funnel. You are entrepreneurial and a strong leader capable of quickly building a marketing team to execute on demand generation for all current and future products and services. You will be responsible for running our Marketing Department in ways that promote higher profitability and competitiveness.
Some things you will be responsible for:
- Craft strategies for all Marketing teams, including Digital, Advertising, Communications and Creative
- Manage the marketing plan budget and establish goals and objectives for all marketing activity, and track results and report completion with company management contacts on a regular basis
- Set, monitor, and report on team goals
- Design branding, positioning, and pricing strategies
- Ensure our brand message is strong and consistent across all channels and marketing efforts (like events, email campaigns, web pages and promotional material)
- Analyze consumer behavior and determine customer personas while finding innovative ways to connect with target audiences
- Identify opportunities to create a stronger communication loop between consumers and Puffco
- Identify opportunities to reach new market segments and expand market share
- Monitor competition (acquisitions, pricing changes and new products and features)
- Coordinate sales and marketing efforts to boost brand awareness
- Attend conferences, meetings, conventions, in order to stay current on market trends and new research
- Building a social and marketing content calendar across all owned and third-party channels
- Hire and scale an extremely strong and agile marketing team to deliver on all key responsibilities including sourcing and managing external agencies and freelancers as needed (branding, website, video, graphic design, etc.)
Some qualifications and skills we need you to have:
- 5+ years of work experience as Head of Marketing or VP Marketing
- Experience running successful marketing campaigns
- Solid knowledge of web analytics and Google Adwords
- Willingness to not only lead, but do
- Enjoy working in fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Passionate about learning and making positive impact on the world
- Solid understating of modeling methodology including forecasting, market size evaluation and market data research
- Leadership skills with the ability to set and prioritize goals
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem solving, negotiating, influencing, facilitation, organizational, prioritization, decision-making, and conflict resolution skills
- Strong understanding of web lead generation, including content marketing and SEM
- BSc or MSc in Marketing or relevant field
Perks and Benefits:
- Competitive pay, 401K, Medical/Dental/ Vision/Life coverage, Flexible Time-Off
- Amazing pet friendly office in LA Center Studios with a fun casual and comfortable work environment
- Snacks, lunches, retreats, and SO much more!
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Puffco strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Puffco’s recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Puffco may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.