Head of of Global Community Engagement (Crypto / Blockchain)
The Head of Global Community Engagement is responsible for leading, building, managing and executing the crypto/blockchain community strategy for WAX.io. This includes moderating and monitoring crypto/blockchain forums, designing community engagement programs and reporting community issues. This person will have working experience, or passion for the crypto/blockchain space.
The objective of the Community department is to create and grow communities that increase brand awareness of WAX.io and OPSkins. Ensuring content is frequently distributed to our target audiences in an effort to engage, grow, and educate the community through a combination of content created by the Content department, UGC, and repurpose existing content.
- Develop the global Community Management strategy and work with the Community team to execute content across all social platforms.
- Lead a team of Global Community Managers and Volunteer Community Moderators
- Enhance the WAX brand, grow the global community, and establish WAX as the go-to crypto for the digital items trading space.
- Engage with community influencers
- Engage with the community on non-company forums like other subreddits (r/cryptocurrency), Telegram groups.
- Establish reporting metrics and process to analyze data and make improvements as necessary
- Modify existing web content for use to promote our brands to provides a constant stream of content
- Examples include videos/video clips, memes, articles, retweets, news, and other media
User Generated Content:
- Campaigns to encourage the creation of UGC (ie: Bounty Program)
Events Coverage (overlaps with Content department):
- Extensive coverage showcasing our attendance in industry events
- Coverage of non-attended events
- Create the framework for regional meet ups through the use of ambassadors à la Hashgraph
- Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, Bitcointalk and other relevant forums, Telegram, Steam group, Discord, Weibo and other regional social media channels
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 7 + years of community management and social media management experience within games, or tech industry. Crypto and/or blockchain space preferred.
- 1+ year of professional experience within the Crypto / Blockchain (enthusiasts will be considered)
- Experience managing a team of global Community Managers
- Some travel required