Growth Marketing Manager: Paid Social
Want to challenge yourself at a high-growth startup AND make a difference in the world?
A bit about us:
Who Gives a Crap sells beautiful, forest friendly toilet paper, paper towels and tissues and we donate 50% of our profits to help build toilets for those in need. As much as we love toilet paper, the reason we’re in business is the impact we’re having on the world—to date we’ve donated $1,300,000 to our charity partners to fund sanitation projects in developing countries, and with your help we’re hoping to take that over $2,000,000 in the next few months.
We're one of the fastest growing ecommerce businesses in Australia, and are now aggressively entering the North American and European markets, with insanely ambitious growth targets for this year and beyond. We currently have a 46 team members working out of Melbourne, Manilla, Los Angeles and Hong Kong. We’re never happy with the status quo, though, so we’re planning to double or triple our team in the next year, and we won’t stop growing until everyone in the world has access to a toilet.
A bit about the role:
As a new role in our Growth Marketing Team, the Paid Social Marketing Manager will play a key role in our continued focus on growth and acquisition.
Reporting to the Head of Growth Marketing, the Paid Social Marketing Manager will launch, test, analyze, optimize and scale Paid Social customer acquisition campaigns to grow us beyond our 200,000+ customers. This person will be data-driven, but equally creative and instrumental in driving growth for Who Gives a Crap across Australia, UK and the USA.
80% of this role will be managing Facebook, the other 20% will be testing, managing and scaling other paid social channels (ie. Pinterest, Reddit, etc). You will help develop and execute a strategic plan, use analytics to inform decisions and drive execution to optimize a six-figure monthly marketing budget against aggressive ROI goals. You also will work cross functionally with various teams to think of creative out-of-the-box ways to drive growth.
This is a unique opportunity to work in a high-growth startup while applying your skills to a meaningful cause (we donate 50% of our profits to charity). And you’ll get to make toilet jokes all day.
We’re hiring this role for our Los Angeles office—however, you’ll be able to work part-time in a remote setting up to 2 days per week.
What you’ll be looking after:
- Planning, designing, forecasting and executing Paid Social campaigns to hit aggressive ROI goals.
- Daily management of Paid Social campaigns including creative production coordination, A/B testing, bid management, landing page testing, budget management, creative testing, etc.
- Collaborate with the creative team to brainstorm, develop and test new ideas and share meaningful insights and recommended next steps.
- Work closely with the rest of the growth team to develop solutions beyond paid acquisition.
- Coordinate cross-functionally across Logistics, Finance, Social, Customer Happiness, and Operations to coordinate campaign launches, budgets, social posts, etc.
- Maintain and improve daily / weekly / monthly KPI dashboard to monitor and analyze campaign performance.
- Identify trends and insights to increase performance.
- Work with the Growth Team to drive innovative ideas to drive new customers.
Who you are
You're an expert in Paid Social!
- You have experience scaling and managing large-scale (six-figure +) Facebook Ad campaigns against ROI goals, preferably at a high-growth startup or agency.
- Ideally, you also have experience w/ other platforms too ie: Snap, Pinterest.
- You love what you do and are passionate about every opportunity to do great work!
You like getting amongst it!
- You're skilled at blending analytical and creative.
- You are able to pull insights using campaign data, generate out of the box ideas and communicate them to the creative team.
- Working cross-functionally across various teams comes naturally to you.
- You have a proven track record balancing direct response centric, whilst strictly adhering to brand guidelines.
You eat data for breakfast!
- You have a deep understanding of customer analytics: CPA, ROAS, LTV, Churn, Payback Time, etc.
- You’re able to digest quantitative metrics and translate them into meaningful recommendations internally to the Growth Team and cross functionally across the business.
You have laser focus!
- Obsessive attention to detail with the ability to execute campaigns from ideation to purchase.
- Deeply self-driven, able to work autonomously, and with a drive for constant improvement.
- A love of toilet paper (just kidding, you can learn that on the job).
Why you should work with us
Working for a start-up is exciting, varied and if you have a great idea, we’ll do everything we can to make it happen. This is the kind of role that will be hard to find anywhere else: you’ll work with an incredible bunch of passionate people to grow a fast-paced startup at a crucial point in its trajectory.
The job is also amazingly flexible, something we’re working hard to hold onto even as we grow super quick. While there are some required days per week in our co-working space, you can also mix it up to work in your PJ’s from home or set up office at the beach, up to you! And while we don’t have a Friday drinks trolley, you will get free toilet paper. A lot of it. And nothing beats that.
This depends on your experience but just because we’re a social enterprise doesn’t mean you’ll get paid peanuts. Think chocolate covered macadamia nuts with some extra perks thrown in. In other words, we pay competitively and are determined to make this the best job you'll ever have – you won’t ever want to leave!
Who Gives A Crap also provides 4 weeks paid annual vacation (yay!), flexibility to take extra unpaid leave, private health insurance coverage, generous maternity/paternity leave and a whole lot of other stuff.
Our Growth Marketing Team is growing (lol). Check out more opportunities in this team here - https://au.whogivesacrap.org/pages/jobs.