We're here to make legal help accessible to all. LegalZoom transformed the legal industry with the launch of our online services and groundbreaking technology in 2001. Since then, millions of customers have counted on us to officially start and run businesses, protect brands and intellectual property, and look after loved ones through wills and trusts.
As the industry leader for over 20 years, innovation remains at the center of all we do. We're creative thinkers and problem solvers with a passion for building legal and tax products that make a positive impact on the world, and we're always looking for exceptional people to push us further. With us, you'll do work that's as rewarding as it is challenging with a team where every voice matters and diversity, equality, and inclusion are truly embraced. Together, we'll continue to democratize law and make a real difference in the lives of millions.
As a Group Manager, Product Marketing, you play a critical role in the organization, executing against many of our top business priorities. You are responsible for collaborating with our Product Teams as we reimagine the future of our compliance services, helping our customers manage and grow their businesses . You will bring insights and data that shape the relaunch of our MyAccount technology solution where the post-purchase experience is housed. This position is responsible for driving long-term revenue through subscriptions and cross-sell/upsell opportunities in MyAccount and will work closely with Product Teams and Lifecycle Marketing to bring this opportunity to fruition. You will also partner with our Attorney Services Team to drive marketing strategies for our attorney offering for those customers who want legal guidance as they start and grow their businesses.
You are creative, strategic, analytical, and detail-oriented with strong communication, relationship building and project management skills. As a distinguished product marketer, you have proven experience partnering with product managers and large cross-functional teams to bring products/services to life. You pride yourself in thinking like our consumers, and you have a track record for delivering insights-driven marketing plans that produce excellent business results. You have experience managing direct reports and have a passion for developing people while working collaboratively across all areas of the organization.
- Own key business initiatives for product marketing, driving projects from strategy through to execution in service of attaining portfolio objectives
- Develop packaging, pricing, positioning, branding, messaging and business / campaign plans that deliver growth targets to the organization
- Be accountable for the end-to-end consumer journey, delivering a delightful customer experience that ensures a long-term relationship with LegalZoom
- Serve as a thought leader within your business segment, sharing your point of view which is data-driven and backed with research and insights
- Identify opportunities for optimizing the customer experience and work with teams to test hypotheses and drive results as you influence product, test and research roadmaps
- Understand the landscape - be an expert on our competition and how they position themselves; be an expert on our customers, understanding who they are, what their motivations are and how we can best meet those needs
- Develop and manage go-to-market strategic plans and work collaboratively to bring those plans to life through creative briefs, launches, announcements, campaigns and always-on optimizations of marketing
- Partner with sales enablement team to ensure communication about any product changes is made to our sales and customer care teams and that training materials are updated
- Serve as the product marketing lead for compliance products, attorney services, and our MyAccount post-purchase experience, monitoring business health and driving product opportunities and contingency plans
- Spearhead market research projects for your portfolio to better understand the market and gather intelligence to help inform product decisions and messaging
- Work with Marketing, Product Management, UX/Creative, Sales, Customer Care, Training & Shared Services, PR, Engineering, Legal and Business Development to ensure a great customer experience
- Develop product marketers by providing meaningful coaching and being a steward of talent
Skills and experience
- 8+ years of Product Marketing or other directly transferable marketing experience
- Clear and effective communication skills (written and verbal), comfortable presenting and distilling information to executives
- Excellence in thinking through end to end implications and presenting decisive recommendations
- Proven track record collaborating with product managers and sales teams
- Demonstrated business ownership of a product or service line with significant revenue responsibility
- Success influencing product strategy, design and development timelines and processes
- Ability to apply consumer insights, research and testing to drive world-class marketing strategy
- Adept at working with product, creative, sales, legal, finance, operations, customer service and quality assurance teams
- Experience driving nationwide campaigns, communications and go-to-market initiatives
- Exhibit a bias for action and motivating and inspiring others
- Strong people management skills and experience developing/mentoring team members
- First hand experience in high growth settings with demonstrated abilities to enable organizations to scale
- Experience with subscriptions business model a plus
- Bachelor's degree required; MBA or higher degree preferred
Join us in making a difference as we build our future and help ensure access to professional legal advice to all! LegalZoom is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to diversity, equality, and inclusion , and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment . LegalZoom prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Read Full Job Description