The Google Analytics (GA) Manager is responsible for the relevance and accuracy of data leveraging the GA 360 analytics suite. This role solely owns the responsibility for the setup, maintenance and will act as the front-line support to internal users.
- Implement, coordinate and administer Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager to effectively track and analyze the website’s key performance metrics, competitive trending, and marketing activities
- Direct queries, track logs, and analyze databases to create custom dashboards and recurring reports to identify trends, anomalies, and proactively inform stakeholders using Google Analytics, Data Studio, and Google Sheets
- Create forecasts using operational and statistical tools and models
- Identify insights and provide recommendations to improve product, performance, and process
- Manage data collection project timelines
- Analyze the account structure and naming conventions to enhance usability and account for scale
- Ensure the quality and consistency of event taxonomy and data flows
- Collaborate with various business teams such as Development, Product, Marketing and Business Intelligence, to understand the requirements of data needed to drive business decisions
- Centralize digital tracking, analytics, and associated data quality
- Create and maintain documentation related to event taxonomy and data layer implementation requirements
- Diagnose issues with existing platform configurations and tags, provide recommendations for improvement and implement new structure
- Communicate effectively with developers to explain what an implementation is designed to accomplish
- Document Google infrastructure, manage user permissions, and create training materials for ongoing training and support
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to coordinate and collaborate with several cross-functional internal and external groups.
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated adaptability, flexibility, and resilience in ambiguous/undefined environments
- Familiar with web design technics for high performance/fast websites
- Agile environment
- Excellent layout skills
- Proven time management
- Organizational, and communication skills with a keen attention to detail.
Experience and Education Requirements:
- Requires a minimum of three (3) or more years of experience working with and management of Google Analytics 360 and GTM.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field required.
- Web analytics certification (preferred)
- Tag management certification (preferred)