Event Marketing Manager - The Other Art Fair at Leaf Group
The Other Art Fair is looking for an Event Marketing Manager (West Coast) to help us deliver the marketing campaigns for the Los Angeles and Dallas editions (4) from our Santa Monica office.
A big vision calls for a big job. As we grow, our need for a Marketing Manager grows with us.
Presented by Saatchi Art, The Other Art Fair is a leading art fair for discovering emerging artists, with editions in cities around the world, including New York, Los Angeles, Dallas, Chicago, London, Toronto, Sydney, and Melbourne. Unlike at traditional art fairs where attendees buy from galleries, The Other Art Fair offers attendees unparalleled direct access to artists, alongside experiential programming, appealing to first-time art buyers and seasoned collectors alike.
Leaf Group is a diversified consumer internet company that builds enduring, creator-driven brands that reach passionate audiences in large and growing lifestyle categories, including fitness and wellness and art and design. For more information about Leaf Group, visit www.leafgroup.com. We connect people to what they love.
We work in a fun, collaborative environment that is diverse, adventurous, and open-minded. We look for proactive, accountable people focused on continuous learning and growth to push themselves and our business forward. Check us out here: https://www.leafgroup.com/brands/
You’ll Report To: Fair Director (Los Angeles, US) and Group Marketing Director (London, UK)
A typical day as an Event Marketing Manager might include:
- Planning and delivering the whole marketing and PR campaign, from end-to-end, taking into consideration the wider global brand communication strategy and targets (alongside the Group Marketing Director)
- Securing new promotional partnerships (State and/or Nationally focused) across media and brands to help build awareness and contra-based value
- Working closely with all fair sponsors and partners to ensure agreement items are fulfilled and that the fair’s exposure is maximised through their channels
- Working closely with the Fair Director to ensure all key fair content is communicated in a strategic and impactful way
- Creating all fair literature and promotional materials (alongside the Saatchi Art Design team and Group Marketing Director)
- Managing the visitor database building activity and invitation/RSVP calling campaigns
- Managing the visitor email marketing campaign, copywriting and content creation (alongside the Saatchi Art Design and Retention teams)
- Working alongside the Social Media Manager to ensure all key fair content and partner messaging is delivered across all fair social channels
- Working alongside appointed PR and Leaf Group PR Director to help secure editorial pieces, diary listings, draft releases and engage potential promotional/competition opportunities to help build the visitor database.
- Working closely with appointed digital marketing agency to deliver PPC, Google search and social media advertising campaigns
- Managing fair marketing intern(s)
- Devising and managing the street promotional teams and leaflet distribution/display campaign
- Managing the marketing activity budget
- Managing all central campaign planning documents and critical paths
- Managing ticket and invitation system set up, reporting and analysis
- Managing the fairs’ website CMS
- Post fair audience analysis and make future campaign recommendations
You’ll be successful if you:
- Are able to be flexible, adaptable, collaborative, creative. In some situations, the job holder will be required to make an early start or stay late, sometimes on short notice, often for calls to other global teams.
- Demonstrate professionalism at all times.
- Have a willingness to travel.
- Have availability during show cycle.
- Are comfortable as an independent worker, self motivated and energetic.
- Have a positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Can work with teams and individuals collaboratively, proactively and positively
- Have the ability to prioritise in order to achieve revenue targets
- Have a first class work ethic
- Are able to perform at a level that ensures targets and goals are met as a minimum
- Are not afraid to wear multiple hats - no job being too small or too large.
- We're casual and informal but we work hard and work responsibly. A pleasant and supportive demeanor goes a long way.
What You Have:
- 3+ years of experience in an events marketing role.
- A self-starter who can see what needs to be done and deliver.
- A motivated person who can work well alone and as part of a team.
- Experience of managing customer needs and an ability to tailor solutions to meet those needs.
- Experience of bridging and developing strategic partnerships to drive reach, brand, communications and ticket sales.
- Experience delivering digital marketing (PPC & Google search) and social media campaigns
- Ability to work well under pressure, with tight deadlines.
- Excellent eye for detail.
- Good copywriting skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
What We Have:
- Well+Good is the 2019 People's Choice winner of the Webby’s Award for Best Lifestyle Brand
- eHow is the 2019 People's Choice and official Webby Winner for Social Video/How To-DIY
- Leaf Group is among the 2019 Built In LA Best Companies To Work For
- Leaf Group is among Comparably's 2018 Best Companies in Los Angeles
- Well+Good is the 2018 winner of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Company Award
- MyPlate is the 2018 winner of the Webby Award for Best Design
- Winner of the 2017 Best Company for Diversity award Comparably
- Competitive compensation and benefits packages (i.e., Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, 401K)
- Discounted gym memberships
- Paid-to-play vacation rewards
- Discretionary unlimited vacation time
- Employee discounts for Saatchi Art, Society6, and Deny Designs
Leaf Group, Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for all job openings are welcome and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any other basis protected by state, federal, or local law. It is the intent of the Company to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local legislation concerning equal opportunity in employment.
If the Leaf Group Talent Acquisition department, or any current company employee, receives an unsolicited resume from a third party recruiting agency and Leaf Group does not have a signed Agency Agreement active, Leaf Group will not be deemed liable to pay a placement fee. The unsolicited resume will be considered a gift and can be considered for our recruitment efforts.