Email Marketing Manager
Founded in 2015 by the former Co-Founder of Groupon, Surkus is an event technology startup that connects people to brands and events tailored to their interests. Our startup is very-well funded ($19M through Series B), we're growing at a rapid pace and are in the process of expanding our platform into Asia. We have over 800K users who have earned over $5M in rewards to participate in 8,000 events. Out platform powers brands like Amazon, Live Nation, SBE, Guilt and more.
We have 1M members who have have earned more than $5M in rewards to participate in 8,000+ events/experiences and we are scaling globally! We recently closed our Series B and are set for explosive growth.
The Opportunity: Email Marketing Manager
The Email Marketing Manager will join the Marketing team and will report to the Director of Marketing. Our ideal candidate has previous experience managing large email lists, segmenting lists for various purposes and managing delivery in compliance with CAN-SPAM law, is analytically-minded, can report on performance metrics, and can think strategically about how they will maximize this key marketing channel.
We are a startup and invest in people who will take ownership to be successful in their role. You should be prepared to go the extra mile, and thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly growing, and always evolving company environment. As with all Surkus hires, we are looking for someone passionate who is collaborative, resourceful, team-oriented, and receptive to feedback.
- Craft new campaigns for client and member engagement
- Analyze, prioritize and refining current and future email strategy
- A/B testing of elements such as subject line, headline, copy, and design in Leanplum for existing and future emails- Develop and own existing nurture series. Ensure leads who are not yet ready to buy (or sign up) are being effectively nurtured with industry thought leadership, exciting app development news, and other types of content
- Build out our trigger-based retargeting email programs, including abandon sign-up after install
- List evaluation and cleanup, and implement additional strategies for list growth on client and user side
- Segment our database to make our marketing strategies more aligned with our future goals
- Identify gaps in our CRM database and areas that need improvement
- Work alongside the marketing team's graphic designer, copywriter, social media manager, and events marketing manager and cross collaborate with product, ops, and sales teams on a daily basis
- Must have 2-3 years experience in a similar role, ideally at a digital agency or tech company
- Previously worked closely with social media management and SEO/SEM roles is a plus
- Exceptional creative, technical and analytical skills
- Extensive knowledge of email marketing best practices and a/b testing methods
- Technical skills include working knowledge of HTML/CSS as it relates to email marketing, and prior work with platforms like Mailchimp, Leanplum, and Adobe Creative Suite are required
- Experience managing email strategy for B2B and B2C companies is a huge plus
- Paid health benefits: medical, dental, and vision
- Flexible vacation time
- Generous stock options
- Monthly company outings and team building activities
- Brand new office in the heart of Santa Monica
- Fully stocked kitchen and weekly catered lunches
- Paid valet parking on-site