Email Marketing Manager (Temp to Hire)
LifePlan: Email Marketing Manager
Our growing business unit (LifePlan) is focused on bringing LegalZoom’s suite of personal products/services and over 15 years of expertise into the employee benefits space. We’re looking for eager, talented and take-charge individuals who can jump right in and help take us LifePlan to the next level.
You will be responsible for leading and executing all email initiatives for LifePlan. This includes the overall email strategy and schedule, overseeing the timeline/development of content and creative (in collaboration with the design team), executing email campaigns and tests, and analyzing and reporting results. The key objective for this position is to optimize transactional, lifecycle and marketing communications and campaigns in order to maximize member engagement and drive a best-in-class member experience.
As a primary channel of communication with our members, email lies at the intersection of user experience, customer care, product and technology, so your ability to communicate, collaborate and negotiate with a variety of stakeholders is critical. Since LifePlan is a new business unit, you will also have the exciting opportunity to establish and grow our internal process and capabilities. The ideal candidate has in-depth experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud and email best practices in content, design, lifecycle marketing, data and automations.
What you’ll do:
- Plan and execute transactional emails, and lifecycle and product marketing campaigns
- Establish (and continuously improve) process for pre-launch/testing framework, A/B testing, keeping stakeholders informed of email plans and performance, reporting
- Create targeted email campaigns using best practices in customer segmentation, clustering
- Manage creative development and tactical execution of new campaigns, including project kickoffs with stakeholders and coordination with design, product, data and customer care teams
- Support development of SMS and push notification work to complement email contact strategies
- Evaluate evolving technology abilities/needs and collaboration with technology, marketing and data teams to support a robust email program; identify and build automations within email platform to improve workflow efficiencies
- Analyze and report on key email metrics: deliverability, open rates, click-through rates, and product engagement metrics
- Ensure utilization of best practices and compliance around permission-based marketing, privacy, spam regulation (CAN/SPAM), and deliverability
- Bachelor's Degree and other relevant certifications
- 3-5+ years of experience strategizing and executing email campaigns
- Familiar with Salesforce Marketing Cloud highly preferred; and/or experience email marketing platforms like Responsys, Sailthru, etc.
- Proven track record of developing email campaigns that drive customer actions
- Experience developing and enhancing transactional, lifecycle and marketing email campaigns
- Understanding of how to optimize for devices/screen sizes
- Strong marketing skills, excellent analytical and communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail balanced by ability to see big picture
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment with smart highly motivated team members
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Can perform in a self-managed environment--must be a self-starter
- Prior experience in cross-departmental project coordination
- Strong computer skills including Excel, PowerPoint
- Extensive experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Experience with Google Analytics,Tableau and/or other analytics tools
- HTML coding (including responsive) and basic SQL knowledge
- Knowledge of list segmentation and customer targeting using rich, dynamically generated email content
- Experience with copywriting for emails, print and/or digital channels
LegalZoom is an Equal Opportunity Employer, dedicated to diversity.