The Director of Sustainability & Social Impact will oversee all sustainability and social impact efforts to deliver A better world for all - powered by clean energy. Reporting to the Vice President, Brand & Comms, the Director of Sustainability & Social Impact will develop key initiatives, build dashboarding, establish internal and external relationships and will be the subject matter expert for the organization.
THE DIRECTOR, SUSTAINABILITY AND SOCIAL IMPACT HAS SIX MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and lead highly innovative and targeted sustainability advocacy strategies and positions that engage employees and consumers with short, medium, and long-term critical metrics that deliver measurable change.
- Establish and drive the key partnerships and industry coalitions required to deliver the enterprise-wide advocacy agenda.
- Identify, cultivate and maintain relationships with industry specialists, advocacy groups, government and non-governmental organizations and academics that deliver both business and social value
- Manage social impact work to deliver against climate equity goals and key objectives
- Partner with internal stakeholders to build sustainability and social impact reporting, dashboard and key narratives
- Own and manage all aspects of Inspire’s B-Corp certification and key relationships
SOME YEAR 1 DELIVERABLES
- Build corporate sustainability plan with identified key deliverables
- Finalize consumer and media facing narrative to articulate Inspire’s sustainability and social impact efforts
- Create and lead Inspire Sustainability & Social Impact Council to unify cross functional efforts
- Develop dashboard and reporting to measure success of sustainability and social impact efforts
- Launch climate equity social impact initiative
- Complete Inspire B-Corp recertification
- Deliver against carbon footprint reduction metrics
- Increased key stakeholder awareness of efforts
- On time and on budget
- 10+ years demonstrated experience as a communications, partner relations, public affairs or corporate affairs lead
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, PR, Journalism, or related field
- Excellent verbal, written and intrapersonal communications skills and consistent track record to lead high profile projects in climate change, clean tech or environment to deliver results
- Familiar with sustainability and/or climate change issues, positions and trends
- Engagement and stakeholder experience
- Bachelor’s degree