Director of Product Marketing at Altruist
Altruist is an LA fintech company on a mission to make financial advice fair for everyone. In this position, you’ll help us grow and engage a user base of financial advisors and consumer investors. You’ll play a critical role in driving our go-to-market strategy, conveying our value proposition, and helping more people get the financial advice they deserve.
Working cross-functionally with executive leadership across product, sales, and customer success, you’ll join an early-stage company with a massive opportunity to make your mark on an antiquated industry.
This role is perfect for a talented marketer who has helped build a hyper-growth consumer band and wants to work on an exciting B2B2C platform.
- A strong leader with a creative technical marketing background. You’re confident and proactive when juggling multiple complex projects spanning disparate channels and communicating with several different user personas.
- Highly collaborative. You know that the best work comes from being a team player and taking input from multiple sources. You come to the table with great ideas but are more concerned with making progress than being right.
- Data and result-driven. You’re an analytical thinker that’s comfortable leveraging product analytics and thrive in a fast-moving, unpredictable environment. You get shit done and believe the best measurement of success is one that moves the needle.
- Extremely organized with a high degree of accountability and tenacity. Nothing gets by you. You own your projects and commit to delivering quality work. You’re thoughtful and tactical with your time and energy.
- Obsessed with the details. While moving fast is important, you know that sloppiness damages trust. You believe in crafting a powerful marketing message that converts and at the same time contributes to the larger vision of a high-class brand image.
What you’ll do:
- Drive the go-to-market strategy for new products and features, gathering data and tracking performance analytics to uncover new insights.
- Partner with sales and product teams to formulate product messaging and positioning.
- Coordinate user research surveys and sessions to gain an intimate understanding of our customers’ needs.
- Work closely with content, growth, and brand marketing to create consistent messaging across paid and organic channels.
- Partner with the product and CS teams to increase product adoption and engagement through email campaigns and in-app messaging.
- Develop compelling customer-facing presentations and represent the company at industry events.
- Identify industry trends and suggest optimizations to improve campaign performance.
- Develop and manage product demos, CSAT/NPS, and referral programs.
What you’ll need:
- 8+ years in SaaS marketing. Fintech or financial services experience a big plus.
- 3+ years leading marketing teams.
- Excellent copywriting skills, with the ability to craft compelling storylines.
- An entrepreneur mindset with a proactive approach who can both strategize at a high level and execute day-to-day.
- Experience with digital and traditional marketing channels.
- A positive, humble attitude with a great sense of humor and patience.
What you’ll get:
At Altruist, you’ll work with a talented group of creators working hard to disrupt our industry. You’ll be given the freedom to do your best work alongside down-to-earth marketers, developers, designers, and thinkers who are at the leading edge of their disciplines. We offer top-of-the-line health benefits, 401(k), a competitive salary, and a flexible schedule including unlimited vacation time.
Most importantly, you'll work on a problem at a scale that affects everyone, with the opportunity to make a meaningful impact through your contributions.
You’ll join a proven founding team that’s backed by one of the most storied VCs in the US, Venrock. Together, we’re going to fix the broken parts of finance and investing (most of it).