Director, Media & Growth Marketing
Director of Media and Growth marketing will be responsible for overall paid media strategy for sweetgreen; driving effectiveness, efficiency and innovation throughout our media plans as we expand to new markets and new channels. Mainly responsible for providing thought leadership on best-in-class media catered to growth, ever evolving ad-tech landscape on advertising measurement and identifying new opportunities to help deliver on our marketing objectives.This position will oversee the overall campaign strategy set by the team, partner with media agency and internal tech teams to make the most out of all paid media investments, ensuring over 2.5x Return on Ad spend overall.
The ideal candidate should be passionate about the brand, knowledgeable about our consumer, experienced with cutting edge growth marketing techniques & media channels. Over 8+ years experience in media buying as well as hands on experience with digital advertising. Must have the ability to connect these dots to drive strong results and optimally allocate resources. Must have a proven track record in establishing paid media and marketing as a clear growth driver in direct to consumer businesses.
Key Performance Objectives in Year 1
- After a quick study of sweetgreen business, map and present on media performance and measurement gaps
- Establish robust media measurement and navigation framework for ad tech complexities
- Bring Search in-house
- Define strategic budget and media planning for 2022
LEADERSHIP & MANAGEMENT - thought leadership, planning and coaching
- Further build/ lead the team to successfully develop and execute all media strategies and plans in order to meet company objectives of customer acquisition and sales growth
- Establish the objectives, key results, processes, timing, necessary assets and workflow needed to ensure a high-performing, results-based culture within the media team
MEDIA STRATEGY - functional expertise and business acumen
- Responsible for overarching, integrated media strategy across all advertising campaigns as well as growth channels such as search
- Ensure all media plans are optimized to deliver awareness, impact and engagement towards the sweetgreen customer to achieve overarching marketing objectives
- Ensure development of insightful, comprehensive campaign analyses and that learnings are applied to current and future campaigns as real-time as possible
- Work cross-functionally to ensure integration of Paid, Owned and Earned media in close collaboration with VP Marketing and internal Brand/Creative teams.
MEDIA AGENCY MANAGEMENT - influence and negotiation
- Inspire and drive the media agency to deliver insightful/effective/efficient plans that deliver on our objectives
- Be prepared to perform agency evaluation and implement an RFP as required
- Ensure team hurdles are removed for a smooth ongoing campaign monitoring and optimization, ensuring key insights are delivered and leveraged to strengthen our plans
DIGITAL AND DATA DRIVEN ADVERTISING - technical knowledge and analytical skills
- Understand, build and leverage all available data to improve media targeting efficiency and effectiveness. Deep understanding of ad tech terminologies and implications of privacy changes.
- Develop a robust media mix model, attribution model and optimal budget allocation.
- Experienced in direct management of in-house search and other direct buys.
- Hand on experience with Google platform ad stack and knowledge of fully leveraging it.
What you'll get:
- Clear performance objectives and regular meetings with your manager for feedback
- Competitive pay + bonus plan based on performance
- Three different medical plans to suit your and your family's needs
- Dental and Vision insurance
- Flexible PTO plan
- 401k; company match of 50% up to 3% of employee contribution
- 5 months paid family leave; we believe in fully supporting new parents
- Employee HSA and FSA
- Complimentary greens and sweetgreen swag
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them and by connecting them to real food
- To live the sweetlife and celebrate your passion + purpose
- A collaborative family of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen restaurant, our 4,000+ team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we’re committed to leaving people better than we found them. We’re in the business of feeding people, and we’re out to change what that means. Our people are our most valuable ingredient - the heart of our company, the face of our brand, and what truly makes the sweetgreen experience special and unique.
Come join the sweetlife!
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
sweetgreen participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please click here.